14 year old girl with more pilot in her body than most full adults

Everything except for the part about equipping all single engine airplanes with a Geiger counter...

All I can say is Wow! Burt Rutan better start talking to her NOW! Designed her own engine, too!

And she said her Geiger counter idea works with 95% success at 1000'AGL, IIRC. Not too many of us spend their time at 1000' AGL, and those who do generally aren't the sort who would take kindly to the governmint telling them to install a Geiger counter!

That is one SHARP cookie! I have a feeling this young lady is going to solve some major problems we not yet aware of in the aeronautical world.

Everything except for the part about equipping all single engine airplanes with a Geiger counter...

It's an interesting idea for a voluntary program, but yeah... give her a few years as a pilot in the adult world, dealing with mandatory stuff from Washington and Oklahoma City, and she'll get over that idea soon enough. ;)

At any rate, she is awesome, and very lucky to have supportive 'rents with the means to help her realize these goals!

It's an interesting idea for a voluntary program, but yeah... give her a few years as a pilot in the adult world, dealing with mandatory stuff from Washington and Oklahoma City, and she'll get over that idea soon enough. ;)

At any rate, she is awesome, and very lucky to have supportive 'rents with the means to help her realize these goals!

Ditto.

Wow... talk about an overachiever! Those are some really proud parents!

Check out this video too!

Wow... talk about an overachiever!

Overachiever? Or just someone with passion about something for a change?

She definitely beats the socks off the classic over face painted mall scene girls trying to impress each other with what they bought for an outrageous price at the cookie cutter clothes factory outlet.

We need more kids like her in the world.

You gotta love the reporters trying to be smart...

"So is that the alty meter?"

I'm at work, and cant watch the video, but the funniest thing was the segue the initial anchor used to cut into the story. He looked so proud of himself, and it was the corniest thing ever.

+10 reputation points to the first person that quotes it here for me (We might have to get Chuck to bring back the rep system for payment tho).

That's pretty amazing. She should do fine at the IMSA. Virgin Galactic will probably hire her.

Both my daughters finished from the Miss. equivalent. Here's what one of this year's seniors there did for her science project.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Adjzxp7BP8

I was happy just to graduate HS.

Last edited:
That's pretty amazing. She should do fine at the IMSA. Virgin Galactic will probably hire her.

Both my daughters finished from the Miss. equivalent. Here's what one of this year's seniors there did for her science project.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Adjzxp7BP8

I was happy just to graduate HS.
I got lost after the mention of detecting hazardous chemicals.

These girls are gonna do something big during their life. As I said before, they'll be solving problems we don't yet know we have.

I'm at work, and cant watch the video, but the funniest thing was the segue the initial anchor used to cut into the story. He looked so proud of himself, and it was the corniest thing ever.

+10 reputation points to the first person that quotes it here for me (We might have to get Chuck to bring back the rep system for payment tho).

"What's propelling her!" :eek:

That almost made me gag, he was so proud of himself.

Where were the girls like that when I was in school?

Maybe with a reverse user fee- DHS pays us to fly around sniffing out radioactivity. I'll toss in the biologics for free.

Where were the girls like that when I was in school?

Maybe with a reverse user fee- DHS pays us to fly around sniffing out radioactivity. I'll toss in the biologics for free.

They were the same place they were when I was in School in the smart classes. You and I probably were in those classes LOL

and after the first engine start...

ohmygoditssomanythingsitslikethatscoolbutwhenitsstartsupitsjustlikesofreeeeandeverythingcauseitslike amazingyouknowitjuststartsspinningandohmygoditsfun!

All in one breath. She's fourteen, all right! :D

These girls are gonna do something big during their life. As I said before, they'll be solving problems we don't yet know we have.

...as long as they don't "fall in love" with Mister Beautiful...

Then all bets are off.

(Sign me "Two brilliant daughters whose IQ drops 50 points around HIM)

and after the first engine start...

All in one breath. She's fourteen, all right! :D

"Daddy, daddy, daddy!!!!" That was the part that brought a smile to my face. Having kids is worth all the treasure in the world. She's a keeper, that one.

Back