14 volt KX155

flykelley

Pre-takeoff checklist
Display Name

Display name:
flykelley
Hi Guys
Our club is having a Garmin 430W installed in our Archer, we will be taking out a 14V KX155 with GS getting it yellowed tag what would it be worth on the open market and do they sell pretty good? Also taking out a ADF which I would guess isn't worth anything and a used Narco Audio Panel.

Thanks Mike

No idea with the KX155 is worth, but I'm interested in the ADF if it works...

(really, I am. That's not a joke. I actually want functioning ADFs in the Aztec and 310)

Mike;
At bennettavionics.com they list the KX-155 w/ Glideslope for $2695.00 for the 720 channel version and $2895.00 for the 760 channel unit.

Hope this helps...

Chris

(really, I am. That's not a joke. I actually want functioning ADFs in the Aztec and 310)
Ill go over and get the make and model number and picture and post it for you.

Mike

Mike

does it look like this?

images

sorry, couldn't resist. I understand why ted wants a working ADF. He travels abroad quite a lot. I enjoy the challenge of NDB flying and have in fact done NDB to NDB IFR cross country flights in Actual with NDB approaches to minimums and forced missed approaches with NDB holds in 30 kt crosswinds.

Mike

Thanks. The 310 has a LORAN in it now in one corner, and if there would be a simple way to replace it with an ADF I'd like to. The Aztec's ADF is not working well, and I'd like to fix it also.

does it look like this?

images

:rofl:

sorry, couldn't resist. I understand why ted wants a working ADF. He travels abroad quite a lot. I enjoy the challenge of NDB flying and have in fact done NDB to NDB IFR cross country flights in Actual with NDB approaches to minimums and forced missed approaches with NDB holds in 30 kt crosswinds.

Correct. For me it's an issue of having a backup in remote areas of Canada. There are lots of NDBs up there, but virtually no VORs. If I lose my avionics, my handheld GPS is my backup navigation source, which isn't ideal.

Of course, the part that's pretty simple is you just fly south until you see stuff, and then you know you're close to the US. :)

Besides a Used ADF is probably less than one years woth of XM radio subscription :)

Get a used Argus 5000, not bad. Maybe $200 used and its all EFIS..much better needle display

Clay, it looks pretty. But what does it do? I want an actual ADF that homes in off of the NDBs. If it doesn't do that, it' snot very useful to me as what I'm looking for is something that will pick up on those NDBs up in the middle of nowhere Canada.

I see used KX155s sell for enough that I can't afford to purchase one (let alone two, which is what I would need).

I see used KX155s sell for enough that I can't afford to purchase one (let alone two, which is what I would need).
We had one dealer offer us $2000.00 on a trade in on the 430. Only problem is he off our home field and everything else being equal I would rather have the install done on our home field. Im thinking we will be happy if we can get $1500.00 and it comes with a Fresh yellow tag.

Mike

Clay, it looks pretty. But what does it do? I want an actual ADF that homes in off of the NDBs. If it doesn't do that, it' snot very useful to me as what I'm looking for is something that will pick up on those NDBs up in the middle of nowhere Canada.

You can hook it up to many differnent ndb recievers like a kr-87. It displays a picture like this in adf mode
You might call Beagles Aircraft in Greely, CO and see if they have any in their mountain of salvaged avionics. I would have to think ADF receivers are a low demand item.

You can hook it up to many differnent ndb recievers like a kr-87. It displays a picture like this in adf mode
You might call Beagles Aircraft in Greely, CO and see if they have any in their mountain of salvaged avionics. I would have to think ADF receivers are a low demand item.

Ahh, now that makes much more sense. So that is the display head (which I agree is a nifty looking one) and you can input different stuff to it, including an ADF.

I'll see what I can dig up.

Here is a picture of the ADF & Head unit.

Mike

Attachments

• IMG_8896.JPG
    IMG_8896.JPG
    205.8 KB · Views: 17
  • IMG_8897.jpg
    IMG_8897.jpg
    210.9 KB · Views: 10
Mike, that'd be perfect for the 310. I'll send you a PM.

The combined sense/loop antenna that the KR-87 uses was very pricey. In teh 80's they were about $1,200 just for the antenna. You might be able to get more for it than the ADF as a system. ???

I have a 14V KX-155 (no GS) that I will sell for $1,100, and a KI-208 CDI that I will sell for $250. Please PM me if interested.

Wells

Back