13.5 Meter Regionals - Midlothian, TX

tonycondon

Gastons CRO (Chief Dinner Reservation Officer)
Display Name

Display name:
Tony
We're down here at the Texas Soaring Association for the 13.5 meter super regionals, being held along with the Schweizer 1-26 Championships. I flew yesterday but not today. Looks like the weather should improve tomorrow. I'll be doing nightly reports at http://cherokeesailplanes.blogspot.com

'super regionals'?

All regionals blow. You were talking about airlines, right?

I think he was trying to be funny. You have to apply the Captain Handicap.

:)

had a good day today, one of few finishers, 2nd for the day.

How long you in (OK, close to) town?

the contest goes through next wed. If the weather is good we'll be flying every day with completely unknown return times in the evening depending on if I make it back or land out. If you want to say hi (and it would be great to see you) the best bet might be to come out in the morning before the pilots meeting (10 AM) to visit. Otherwise you can always stop by around 5- 6 PM and see if I'm around. by then the task should be finished and hopefully I've made it back but probably haven't gone off to supper yet.

had a good day today, one of few finishers, 2nd for the day.

Just to clarify here for some folks. By "one of few finishers", he means that he was one of the few that made it back to the airport. Pfffftt... I almost always make it back to the airport and you don't see me winning any contests! :D :D :D

Just to clarify here for some folks. By "one of few finishers", he means that he was one of the few that made it back to the airport. Pfffftt... I almost always make it back to the airport and you don't see me winning any contests! :D :D :D

ROFL!!!

well you just aren't flying in the right contests!

Landed out today. oh well so did about 10 others.

You flying out of TSA GliderPort?

well the contest was a good one. we flew 7 days out of 8, taking sunday as a rest day which worked out nicely as TSA got 2 inches of rain in the afternoon. I lawn darted on Day 5 which really hurt my score and I ended up 7th overall after todays flight. I had 5 finishes and 2 landouts, not too bad really. We had a good contest overall with good competition but also a lot of fun, and flying with old and new friends was great. Tomorrow we get new tires for the trailer and head home.

well the contest was a good one. we flew 7 days out of 8, taking sunday as a rest day which worked out nicely as TSA got 2 inches of rain in the afternoon. I lawn darted on Day 5 which really hurt my score and I ended up 7th overall after todays flight. I had 5 finishes and 2 landouts, not too bad really. We had a good contest overall with good competition but also a lot of fun, and flying with old and new friends was great. Tomorrow we get new tires for the trailer and head home.

What did you fly?

I flew my Hall Cherokee II, a homebuilt glider designed in the late 50's. It has comparably or slightly better all around performance than a 1-26.

I flew my Hall Cherokee II, a homebuilt glider designed in the late 50's. It has comparably or slightly better all around performance than a 1-26.

Nice, one of our members sold his 1-26 a few months ago.

The closest thing we have to a performance glider is the presidents personal mini-nimbus.

Back