1200 nm Every 2 wks.

I would have expected that you were lowering gear and flaps before final, but I do not take anything for granted at this point in my education.

I would rather ask a stupid question than do something stupid.

MarkN

You'd still need your type rating as it's jet powered. :)

Whatdaya mean TYPE RATING.

It has one engine.

It is less than 12,500 lbs.

It cannot land on water, more than once.

Therefore, she's mine. (If my wife is willing to walk to the grocery store!) :D

MarkN

Whatdaya mean TYPE RATING.

It has one engine.

It is less than 12,500 lbs.

It cannot land on water, more than once.

Therefore, she's mine. (If my wife is willing to walk to the grocery store!)

*Turbines* do not necessarily require type ratings, but *jets* do:

§ 61.31 Type rating requirements, additional training, and authorization requirements.

(a) Type ratings required. A person who acts as a pilot in command of any of the following aircraft must hold a type rating for that aircraft:

(1) Large aircraft (except lighter-than-air).

(2) Turbojet-powered airplanes.

I think that since the L-39 is experimental category that you may be able/required to get a Letter of Authorization instead, but I'm not really sure how that works. I bet Steve can enlighten us...

Lancair IVP is the only single I'd be looking at for that trip. Up high and 300kts, make it into 3.25-5 hrs depending on direction and wind, up over the weather without a mask on. I used to do a 730nm commute in a Midget Mustang with 235hp that ran about 300. 5 miles per minute is a very nice speed to be travelling when you have to cover a lot of ground. The MM is a very small single seat though and I don't recommend it for a business travelling plane because you can't put anything except your shaving kit in with you (although I'd occasionally take my cat). It worked for me because I had everything I needed on the boat or at home at either end. It was IFR, but just barely.

I would like to fly the IVP or the MM, but I expect that I would need more room. (At least with the MM.) Right now, I don't have the courage/confidence/testosterone to fly a single seat a/c! Maybe after I have 500 hours, but we'll talk then.

I would like to fly the IVP or the MM, but I expect that I would need more room. (At least with the MM.) Right now, I don't have the courage/confidence/testosterone to fly a single seat a/c! Maybe after I have 500 hours, but we'll talk then.

By 500 you start to realize how many times you made it through dumb luck!!

:rolleyes:

Back