children 8 to 17 with signed parents
permission slip. www.youngeagles.org
for information and permission slip.
10:00 to 1:00

7:30 to 12:00
Maintenance Department Open House.
Meet the technicians, bring your
questions, check the service manuals.

More info at http://www.eaa932.org/Newsletters/FlapJack%20Breakfast%20Flyer-R%202008-A.pdf

This is the same day the EAA is having a breakfast fly-in up at Myburg (KGTG) :(.

Grant, if you do end up at galt, give me a call. My lakehouse is on the lake just off the end of the runway and I'm up there every weekend or so.

Unless I'm really short on XC time, I'll be there!

:)

We flew over 10C at 6,500 feet this afternoon. That is one good-lookin' airport!

We flew over 10C at 6,500 feet this afternoon. That is one good-lookin' airport!
I am not sure when the last time was that you were there, but the owners have really been putting a lot of work into improving the place. New taxiway, runway repaved, lots of new hanagars, the new pavilion and upgrade of the lake house and picnic gorunds. The staff ahs always been friendly. BTW I am in Jim's old hangar and I have upgraded it with a completely paved floor so it is really nice now!

Way to go Scott now I'm going to have to wash planes too:rolleyes:. I just have to figure out the temp on the steam cleaner, it takes the paint off rather easily, works great on the belly though.

Dan

it looks like I will be stopping in at some point to drop my dad off...
What time does the breakfast run?

OK Scott whats the best IFR filing to get into 10C from around the South end of the Lake?

OK Scott whats the best IFR filing to get into 10C from around the South end of the Lake?
I usually will file to JOT when coming form the east, but I often get shuttle down to EON and then RV up along the west part of the bravo. I can usually convince them for direct JOT prior to actually getting to EON if I get handed off to Chi-app.

On one occasion I did get pushed out to KDKB before being allowed to turn inbound to the IAF for the GPS-B.

I am planning on flying in from MSN for pancakes and to finally meet POAers ... I'll be in 6205J (rental archer)

--david

I am planning on flying in from MSN for pancakes and to finally meet POAers ... I'll be in 6205J (rental archer)

--david

So this isn't as big as Oshkosh, but... I've been to 10C once (a few weeks ago), and never been to a fly-in of any kind. What can I expect? Anything I should know about flying in? where to park? Any particular place to look for POAers?

thanks,

--david

ps: change of planes: I'll be in N8262S -- also a rental archer.

So this isn't as big as Oshkosh, but... I've been to 10C once (a few weeks ago), and never been to a fly-in of any kind. What can I expect? Anything I should know about flying in? where to park? Any particular place to look for POAers?

thanks,

--david

ps: change of planes: I'll be in N8262S -- also a rental archer.
As in any fly in be aware that there will be much more traffic than normal. Some pilots are good about announcing and blending in and some are not. Keep you head on a swivel.

Parking should be pretty easy, I understand the ramp people will help but basically there is the parking area by the FBO building and fuel pump at the end of 27 or the approach of 09 that will be used. If it get real busy they may have some lawn parking going on.

My plan is to actually go to GTG in the early morning. IF I am back look for the guy in the 6Y9 hat. My plane is 8116B so if I flying back and you here me say hi!

Gonna be windy. I'll see youse guys but I'll drive again.

What time is the consensus?

Not if they start out on a treadmill!

Hey, I saw that the Thunderbirds are at Gary this weekend! Dang!

thunderbirds-are-go.jpg

Back