101 and Rockin' Along

SCCutler

Administrator
Management Council Member
PoA Supporter
Display Name

Display name:
Spike Cutler
Some of you all may recall that my Goddess-like Wife, Celia, has a grandmother in Tallahassee who is over 100 years old (101, as of last month). In fact, Mike Schneider has even met her! She is Lillian Cox.

Well, Barbara Walters flew her, as well as four other centenarians, to NYC for interviews, wining and dining, to discuss their secrets to long productive life. In addition, ABC sent a camera crew to Tallahassee to follow granny around. It was great fun.

Preview here:
http://www.abcnews.go.com/Video/playerIndex?id=4546270

Anyway, the show airs tomorrow night (tonight by the time most of you read this), 10:00 EDT, 9:00 CDT, and God knows when Mountain time, on ABC. Watch, and you'll see my wife's grandmother, as well as her Mom, who is now lost to us.

Grandmother's quite a gal!

spike thats awesome, ill try to catch it.

my great grandma just turned 100 in january. her husband died a few years back a month shy of 101. He was born before the Wright Brothers flew! Very cool to have that level of life experience in the family

Drats, I'm sorry I missed it. I'll have to look for it on the ABC web site later on.

Drats, I'm sorry I missed it. I'll have to look for it on the ABC web site later on.

You're still good, Ken... it doesn't air til TUESDAY night. Spike posted this MONDAY night, thus "today by the time most of you read this".

Spike, Grandma and those others got some SPUNK! You need to hook her up with the pilot with the float plane!

You're still good, Ken... it doesn't air til TUESDAY night. Spike posted this MONDAY night, thus "today by the time most of you read this".

Spike, Grandma and those others got some SPUNK! You need to hook her up with the pilot with the float plane!
LOL I'm a victim of being "so far ahead" of everyone else. I simply saw it was posted "Yesterday" not realizing it was after midnight here. Ooops!

If any of you can record it in HD / digital, please do, I'll pay to get it from you... within reason, of course!

Thats awesome Spike, I gotta know who the centinarian flying the DeHaviland on floats is.

Well, my computer is too old to work with these new-fangled video tuner sticks- can someone record the ABC News special "Living to 150" for me, in HD? It is on tonight at 9:00 Central.

I'll pay good money.

I am recording it on tape... but who wants THAT?

Well, my computer is too old to work with these new-fangled video tuner sticks- can someone record the ABC News special "Living to 150" for me, in HD? It is on tonight at 9:00 Central.

I'll pay good money.

Spike, I can do a digital version on the DVR but unfortunately it won't be HD. I'll set it up now for ya. Hopefully, it will fit on a 8.5gb DVD. If not, we'll find someway to transfer it to you.

I'll pay good money.

I've got an HD version going to DVR, and can pull it off for you, Spike. No charge, just let me go on that first Angel Flight with you, or be your safety pilot for some approaches...

I've got an HD version going to DVR, and can pull it off for you, Spike. No charge, just let me go on that first Angel Flight with you, or be your safety pilot for some approaches...
Troy, what are you using for a DVR?

Troy--

You the MAN!

Kenny- thanks for the offer, I am going to shake T-roy down for this one.

OBTW, Troy-

I need to get Angel Flight designated on my insurance, don't I?

See who can spot me in the program - a very brief appearance!

Troy--

You the MAN!

OBTW, Troy-

Nope... just have a policy, and send them a copy of the cover page. They have their OWN insurance, they just want you to have YOUR own insurance. They do not have to be named insureds or anything like that.

Troy--

You the MAN!

OBTW, Troy-

I'm hurt! I'm gonna go cry in the corner then go eat some Ben & Jerry's.

Wait, I'm too cheap to buy Ben & Jerry's. Heck, buying Ben & Jerry's would violate my conservative principles. So, Mayfield ice cream it is!

I'm glad ya got it covered, Spike. I understand you're just biased toward a fellow Texan. :)

Back