100 Hours

Justin M

Line Up and Wait
Display Name

Display name:
JM
Yesterday I logged my 100th hour flying airplanes.

Didn't plan it that way, but that's how it worked out.

Fortunately, I'm not commercial so I don't need to be inspected before I fly again.

On the last two landings, my darling agreed to fly the pattern.

The winds had died down from 33007g15 to 00204.

She had been sick in the plane before, so this was a second attempt to see if she could enjoy flying enough to fly with me in the future.

She agreed to one landing. After it, she agreed to another circuit.

On the second landing, during the round out, a flock of 9-13 geese turned onto final in front of us for runway 04. As I was shouting geese geese geese in the airplane, readying to push in the throttle; it looked as if the tower directed them to go around and honk VFR as they departed the pattern to the west.

My darling said it was the better of the two landings.

Congrats on the milestone! Now keep adding more hours into the log book!

Fortunately, I'm not commercial so I don't need to be inspected before I fly again.

She had been sick in the plane before, so this was a second attempt to see if she could enjoy flying enough to fly with me in the future.

On the second landing, during the round out, a flock of 9-13 geese turned onto final in front of us for runway 04. As I was shouting geese geese geese in the airplane, readying to push in the throttle; it looked as if the tower directed them to go around and honk VFR as they departed the pattern to the west.

That is cool. So, when she was sick before were you doing pattern work with her? For first time passengers, I'd try to keep the takeoffs and landings to a minimum. All the turns in the pattern can be hard on passengers.

Congrats!!

I agree that 100 hour Commercial Pilot check is tough. Especially the bend over inspection!!!

That is cool. So, when she was sick before were you doing pattern work with her? For first time passengers, I'd try to keep the takeoffs and landings to a minimum. All the turns in the pattern can be hard on passengers.

Actually, we were on a cross country to visit her sister and brother in law (when she got sick). I think I had her seat too low and she was struggling to look out the window.

She requested the pattern work and liked looking down out the window.

Back