100 acre Private FAA Airport in NY (need to sell)

Oh that and my property taxes there are less than $100 meanwhile my property taxes in the north east where my home current is are $5k and thats "cheap".

MY BIL's land tax on 60+ac, was over 5k.

Yeah, $750,000. His place in Googleville is surely over $1MM. I remember when the old folks who had bought these post war subdivision homes for $18-$25k were selling in the dot com bubble development of the area for $2+MM. You'd see them interviewed, one time some reporter was trying to spin how these old people were getting pushed out of the neighborhood blah blah blah, and pretty much the reaction was like they just won the lottery.

I think of my place as a $20,000 house on a one million dollar lot, except the lot is probably higher than that by now.

It would be great if I wanted to leave the area, but I don't.

Thanks to Proposition 13, and the fact that I have been here for 27 years, my taxes are less than $3900.

Probably been on the market for a while. This is a property that was owned by someone who thought they were wealthy until the truly wealthy ate them a new ass in 2008 :lol: The people who want the property don't have the money, the people with the money don't want the property. This place is a victim of bubble up economics.

I didn't want to say anything but since it has been said...750K is more than double what the place is worth in rural Western NY. At 750K the taxes with school would be in the neighborhood of 30K would be my guess.

Why do we have to always play this game even though it's against the ROC? Hint, see the top of the page where it says "please do not comment on the value of goods offered, unless specifically requested by the original poster (emphasis not mine).

Must we be always be know it all a-holes?

I'm not sure why, but apparently we must.

I'd be interested in that property, but I'd have to get a divorce first before moving up to the frozen tundra.

With the amount of snow they get there, I wonder how you could plow the runway without tearing up the turf?

Why fight the snow?

Cub_on_skis.JPG

the tax system in NY is horrible, they have Federal income, state income, each school district has their school taxes that equal the state sales tax, state sales tax, county, and city sales taxes.

And I thought the taxes in Cali were bad. Our property tax rate must be half of those reported by others and I thought it was high. I'll stop complaining about our taxes.

Don't know for sure about upstate NY but down on the island a 3 bedroom 1500SF house will pay between 12-14000 a year in property taxes.

Why do we have to always play this game even though it's against the ROC? Hint, see the top of the page where it says "please do not comment on the value of goods offered, unless specifically requested by the original poster (emphasis not mine).

I said nothing with regards to the market value, personally I do not think it over priced for the potential, however the market does not view the property with the same eye to long term self sufficiency in a comfortable style I do. Therefore, due to the current economic conditions, the property is in a difficult position in the market.

Personally I am sympathetic, I had the same issue marketing my 310.

There's alot to like about this place. To the right buyer its a dream house. Taxes are not bad compared to Long Island or even parts of maryland. Etc. It's the old story....money talks and b.s. Walks. Beautiful scenery and so forth. It's near where billy Martin retired . I've driven this area a lot over the years. The new owner would probably have an even more expensive home in Florida and spend the winter there. I'd think the key is the right real estate company and how it's promoted. Nice place! Supercub territory! Many hi income people in NYC, looking for a getaway, would consider this bus change.

Last edited:
There's alot to like about this place. To the right buyer its a dream house. Taxes are not bad compared to Long Island or even parts of maryland. Etc. It's the old story....money talks and b.s. Walks. Beautiful scenery and so forth. It's near where billy Martin retired . I've driven this area a lot over the years. The new owner would probably have an even more expensive home in Florida and spend the winter there. I'd think the key is the right real estate company and how it's promoted. Nice place! Supercub territory! Many hi income people in NYC, looking for a getaway, would consider this bus change.

If the mineral rights come with the land as indicated above by someone, It is an awesome piece of property. One gas well and I am energy, food, and water self sufficient, in fact, I would be able to support a whole community in modern comfort no matter what, including fueling our hydrogen and Deisel/BioJetA vehicles.

If I was a "prepper survivalist", I would love this property. IIRC there's plenty of venecine to be had around there as well.

For $5MM I could have a whole self sufficient, export society.

Last edited:
The one who buys it, with money , would not ve concerned with any of this and his lawyer would have exact answers on mineral rights , etc. before settlement.

It's a nice location living-wise if you like seclusion, yet within a 45-minute drive to several urban centers.

Rich

Back