100 acre Private FAA Airport in NY (need to sell)

northfork

Filing Flight Plan
Display Name

Display name:
northfork
Almost 100 Acres of complete privacy, the kind you just can't find any more, less than three hours from the G.W. Bridge, with a FAA registered private airport, 2700 sq. ft. home, 4 large bedrooms, 2.5 bathrooms, eat in kitchen with JENN-AIR convection oven - JENN-AIR counter top vented grill - Frigidaire black glass range - LG dishwasher, formal dining room, large family room with a soapstone high efficiency wood burning stove with a catalytic converter, living room with a oak corner gas fireplace, 2 computer stations with high speed Internet, pantry, laundry room with front loading LG washer & dryer with pedestals with drawers, two car garage, full basement with several work benches, 2 porches, large three story barn drive in all 3 floors with insulated 15' x 30' office and workout room with pellet stove- workshop, garden shed, 3 ponds, stream. Also the previous owner had a nine hole golf course on the property. The hunting is great both deer and wild turkey abound. Enjoy all there is to do like horseback riding, skiing, ice skating, four wheeling, 4H club, etc.
This is the perfect place to raise a family (with 60 acres open rest wooded) you can grow your own food, start a vineyard or an orchard, raise cattle, sheep, goats, chickens,ducks, maybe develop an air park, the possibilities are enormous.
You will love this area friendly people, small town atmosphere. Property is just three miles to town at the top of a mountain at the end of a paved dead end street, you can't find privacy like this anymore. This is a one of a kind opportunity all mineral rights included. Come make this your own as I have for over twenty years. NOW REDUCED TO $750000.USD
Visit our web page at www.northforkproperty.webs.com & virtual tour http://youtube.fizber.com/11290031 please call with any questions you may have 607-206-1013

Seems like a nice place, what's catch? Built on an Indian burial ground?:lol:

Not much around those parts. Surprised that a fracking company hasn't bought it if it's on the Marcellus.

NY is not going to be fracking anytime soon and even if NY turned on fracking the companies have far easier less regulated places to work before they ever came to NY.

Maybe I missed it but what is the airport identifier?

Why is the airplane left to the elements with that large barn right next door?

Just ask'n...

Why is the airplane left to the elements with that large barn right next door?

Just ask'n...

When I did aerial photography people would often stage them. Then there is also the factor that tis is probably a weekend getaway from the city, and if it's a nice weekend, why bother?:dunno: It'll likely collect more birds hit in the barn than outside.

NY is not going to be fracking anytime soon and even if NY turned on fracking the companies have far easier less regulated places to work before they ever came to NY.

It's survivalist heaven, drill your own well, get a solid oxide fuel cell, have your permanent supply of electricity and fresh water along with enough heat to run a major greenhouse in that barn (and more) and produce food year round. You can also run all your cars and trucks off your own well. You will be the post apocalyptic feudal lord.

Looks great, I'd be really interested except I don't want to live in NY.

Probably been on the market for a while. This is a property that was owned by someone who thought they were wealthy until the truly wealthy ate them a new ass in 2008 :lol: The people who want the property don't have the money, the people with the money don't want the property. This place is a victim of bubble up economics.

Last edited:
It's amazing to me that I could buy an airport and home on 100 acres there for less than I could get for my tiny house on a postage stamp lot here in Google City. I probably couldn't afford the maintenance though.

Looks great, I'd be really interested except I don't want to live in NY.

That part of NY is not like NY. If they could, they would secede and join Pennsylvania.

I was born near there and the family moved down to Long Island when I was 6. I have a very good friend who lives in Binghamton, about 20 miles away. You really have to like winter if you want to live there. With the amount of snow they get there, I wonder how you could plow the runway without tearing up the turf?

It's amazing to me that I could buy an airport and home on 100 acres there for less than I could get for my tiny house on a postage stamp lot here in Google City. I probably couldn't afford the maintenance though.

Just to be sure - this is 750k, not 75k, right? My eyes play tricks on me when te comma is missing.

Although I still don't want to live that far north.

Just to be sure - this is 750k, not 75k, right? My eyes play tricks on me when te comma is missing.

Although I still don't want to live that far north.

Yeah, $750,000. His place in Googleville is surely over $1MM. I remember when the old folks who had bought these post war subdivision homes for $18-$25k were selling in the dot com bubble development of the area for $2+MM. You'd see them interviewed, one time some reporter was trying to spin how these old people were getting pushed out of the neighborhood blah blah blah, and pretty much the reaction was like they just won the lottery.

Do the mineral rights go with the land in NYS ?
What are the taxes ?

Can't figure out how long the runway is??

Except that 'New Amsterdam' would be a bitterly poor frozen wasteland.

No sir, New Amerstam would be a self sustaining, energy exporting nation and international tax haven. It would be the wealthiest place on Earth.

No sir, New Amerstam would be a self sustaining, energy exporting nation and international tax haven. It would be the wealthiest place on Earth.

Based on what ? Natural gas ?

Think Maine, minus the good stuff like lobsters and boating.

What are the taxes ?

First post states mineral rights included. Taxes could hurt.

Sent from my SCH-R970 using Tapatalk

Based on what ? Natural gas ?

Think Maine, minus the good stuff like lobsters and boating.

Natural gas and nuclear will handle it. They have a great port complex. With redevelopment of Long Island ports, they could create a transshipment port like Hong Kong or Singapore. Plus New Amsterdamned will have plenty of water. With urban agriculture programs in place there is plenty of food production available if importation becomes problematic.

They are in a position to be very successful, more successful and independent than Texas could manage. I think California and New York are the only states that could do it, maybe Florida because we are a playground for international ultra wealthy.

New Amerstam would have plenty of boating and lobsters.

Last edited:
Natural gas and nuclear will handle it. They have a great port complex. With redevelopment of Long Island ports, they could create a transshipment port like Hong Kong or Singapore.

Long Island would remain part of 'New York' and not become part of 'New Amsterdam'. The Indian Point station is older than dirt and located in Westchester. Ginna is also older than dirt and about to be decommissioned. The other plants would barely produce enough to supply domestic demand for the state. The feds have the thumb on building new nuclear stations, you could be libertarian wonderland and there would be no way to build a new plant in upstate.

What Ports on Long Island are you talking about ? Red Hook is tiny and landlocked in the middle of Brooklyn. The only rail bridge connecting LI with the mainland is the Hell Gate and I dont believe it supports double-decker containers. I dont remember any commercial ports on the North Shore and there are certainly none on the south shore.

Last edited:
Hi If you are interested in my place call me and I will give you the call letters, I just do not want to post it, to many weirdos. The phone number is on the ad. Thanks for the inquiry
Regards Wayne

Edited for compliance with ROC.

Once you are an hour out of the city NY is a very different place. THANKFULLY!!

My apologies.

Last edited:
Good Luck to the seller though. I hope you get it.

The problem in Western NY is that the taxes are so high it keeps the prices of homes down. For example I live in a nice creek stone house about 2500 square feet on just under 2 acres it is assessed at 130K I pay over 5k a year in taxes. People can either afford high house prices or high taxes not both.

Yikes, I have a home in the highest taxed county in Maryland and pay 1/3 of that :eek: .

Yes the mineral rights are included and the property is not leased. Call me if you would like more info on my place
Regards Wayne 607-206-1013

Yikes, I have a home in the highest taxed county in Maryland and pay 1/3 of that :eek: .

I have a friend that has a home in a well to do suburb of Rochester the house is in the 500-600K range his taxes (school included) are 20K+ a year. It is insane. :mad2::mad2::mad2:

I have a friend that has a home in a well to do suburb of Rochester the house is in the 500-600K range his taxes (school included) are 20K+ a year. It is insane. :mad2::mad2::mad2:

20 years ago, I briefly had the joy to pay the taxes on a home in Nassau county. I dont remember the exact number, it was around 14k on a 170k home :hairraise: . On the upside, we had more jailers than inmates at the local jail and a police officer or the guy changing lightbulbs at the courthouse would break six figures within 3 years of hiring.

I'll stick with my "back up" land in missouri. 8 Acres, lakefront, undeveloped but with utilities at the property, easy to put an air strip on it, and I paid less than $10k for it, not because its cheap, but because they're not insane with the price of land and $1k an acre is about average.

Oh that and my property taxes there are less than $100 meanwhile my property taxes in the north east where my home current is are $5k and thats "cheap".

What are the taxes ?

the tax system in NY is horrible, they have Federal income, state income, each school district has their school taxes that equal the state sales tax, state sales tax, county, and city sales taxes.

Diesel fuel is 4.50 per gallon, state gun laws, brought in by Como over night are very restrictive.

My folks in Delaware Co are up to their azz in snow, and it was -20 last time I talked to them.

yes the mineral rights go with the deed, but, but, when you are in the NYC water shed there are some very restrictive sewer laws. in some places the City of NY owns all sewer rights to all property. Be very careful.

Last edited:
Back