$10 airfares?

A Ryanair like model in the US. This actually may have some meat on the bones - they are hitting third-tier airports that have airline capabilities and a potential market to serve them and charging for ANYTHING besides the seat on the plane.

Cheers,

-Andrew

Thats kinda neat, unfortunatly they only have the option to fly to Ohio?

Yeah it will be interesting to see if it takes off.
Interesting route offiering? - They have however seemed to raise a bunch of invester money.

Their site (www.skybus.com) says they fly Airbus A-319s. The article said they planned to have 70 of them in 5 years. Not with the $160M in financing they have so far! Wish 'em luck, though!

I might only have 500 TT and no ME rating but I'll still have to go check this out at Hartsfield for the curiosity and hopefully learn something...

Skybus Airlines Job Fair
Location: Atlanta- Air Inc job fair. Renaissance Concourse Hotel at ATL
Date: 5/19/2007
Description: We will be recruiting for SIC candidates at the Air Inc job fair on May 19th. We hope to see you there!

Who knows, it could put my foot in the door for another job in the interim? I know a CFI who throws baggage for ASA while still instructing. He's about middle in seniority but his position and close ties with aircrew and management puts him in the lead for interview and consideration when the time comes.

Back