10,000 character limit

flyingcheesehead

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
iMooniac
Hi MC,

I created a thread to share a bunch of information I collected about 310s. I know its scale is @denverpilot - esque, but I'm running into a 10,000 character limit on the forum when editing (I have to remove the USER tags every time I edit it to get under 10K).

Is it possible to increase that limit, or do I need to split it into multiple posts? If I do that, can they both be moved to the top of the thread for ease of reading by curious PoAers?

If you start a thread with a couple of posts in quick succession, they'll stay together at the top unless somebody sneaks a reply in between.

I imagine the limit was put in to prevent overly verbose posts. If you have a lot of info for a limited audience, consider putting it in a file, e.g. pdf, and include it as an attachment.

If you start a thread with a couple of posts in quick succession, they'll stay together at the top unless somebody sneaks a reply in between.

Yeah, already too late for that.

I imagine the limit was put in to prevent overly verbose posts.

Doesn't stop @denverpilot. Or me. ;) But to my credit, it's been so long since I hit it that I had completely forgotten it existed.

If you have a lot of info for a limited audience, consider putting it in a file, e.g. pdf, and include it as an attachment.

Meh... I think it's a lot less useful in a PDF and isn't conducive to quoting for comment, correction, or addition. If I'm gonna do something besides have it in a post, I'll put it on a different web site.

I miss having Nate as part of this fine company.

Kent, how about an "off site" blog post with links here pointing to it?

Hi MC,

I created a thread to share a bunch of information I collected about 310s. I know its scale is @denverpilot - esque, but I'm running into a 10,000 character limit on the forum when editing (I have to remove the USER tags every time I edit it to get under 10K).

Is it possible to increase that limit, or do I need to split it into multiple posts? If I do that, can they both be moved to the top of the thread for ease of reading by curious PoAers?
@flyingcheesehead The limit is now 10,500. But I also set it so that it auto-bans anybody that attempts to post a message with any character count great than that. Because...come on...

May the odds be ever in your favor!

Back