1,957 miles to France

bstratt

Cleared for Takeoff
Display Name

Display name:
Canuck
On July 24th I depart on my longest XC yet, 1957 miles (according to AOPA Flight Planner) to St. Pierre, France. Here is the route.

yeah, I think you need a copilot - maybe someone who can parler un peux de la langue? (its rusty but I bet I could help find the best cafes etc!)
Have fun, Barry - report back!

wow - I had no idea that archipelago was a colony of France to this day. That's pretty cool. You should go there and stake claim to the land for America. They won't fight you. :)

J'ai besoin voler au France avec tu. Prends moi, s'il te plait!!

Last edited:
Ken Ibold said:
Or did France simply run away from where it was?

Ken you crack me up to to funny ROLMFAO :rofl: :rofl: Otherwise Barry sounds like an awsome adventure. Have a blast!!

bstratt said:
On July 24th I depart on my longest XC yet, 1957 miles (according to AOPA Flight Planner) to St. Pierre, France. Here is the route.
That sounds like a cool trip, Barry. I didn't know it was a territory of France, either. But... OK, I'll bite: Why? I note the description of the terrain: "mostly barren rock" so unless you are after some salt cod, what takes you to St. Pierre, besides the logbook entry?

-Skip

Je parles francais un peux, mais je ne comprendes pas quand ils parles trop vite!

Several years of high school and college in Quebec, although I've lost most of it since.

St. Pierre is supposed to be a cool place to visit (I know several people who have taken the ferry over from Newfoundland) plus I get the log book entry. Here's the website:
http://www.st-pierre-et-miquelon.com/

I'm picking up my brother in Toronto on the way through although he's not a pilot (but he can hold my maps!). I'm originally from Newfoundland and will be visiting my parents in their summer home there just outside of Gander Int'l. Sounded like a fun day trip from there.

Have a marvelous trip. Keep a journal and take lots of pictures! :yes:

Terry

D*mn! I've decided to delay a day to Monday, July 25th due to a N-S line of fairly heavy thunderstorms smack dab across my route to Toronto. According to the maps it looks like by delaying a day I can travel the whole way in the clear behind the front.

Guess I'll spend the day repacking the plane!

NickDBrennan said:
wow - I had no idea that archipelago was a colony of France to this day. That's pretty cool. You should go there and stake claim to the land for America.

I agree, shouldn't this and all those other islands belong to the U.S.? They can keep Canada, but we could always use a few more pretty islands. Its our destiny. :)

Back