1.8 on the hobbs yesterday

eman1200

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
Bro do you even lift
flew from 8A6 (Wilgrove) to 5NC3 (Gilliam McConnell) yesterday. there is a BBQ place called the Pik-n-Pig on the field and they also have a driving range, so what a great way to spend a beautiful Saturday.....taking a nice flight, stuffing my face with BBQ, hitting some golf balls...landing on a 2500' runway with a rather large audience and nailing it!

some notes from my flight:

had trouble holding altitude after leveling off. finally figured out I left 1 notch of flaps in from my short field departure :eek:

there were quite a few less-than-stellar landings at 5NC3, which is 2500' long. I felt good about nailing it, and also realized the benefit of training out of a 'short field'. I don't think they're short at all!

I'm starting to put a nice draw on the golf ball. you gotta shift your weight!!!

happy flying y'all!

Attachments

• piknpig1.jpg
    piknpig1.jpg
    103.7 KB · Views: 71
  • piknpig3.jpg
    piknpig3.jpg
    75.8 KB · Views: 68
  • piknpig5.jpg
    piknpig5.jpg
    116.1 KB · Views: 65
Wow, success at eating, golfing, and flying in one day?? The man-stars must have really aligned for you!B)

Wow, success at eating, golfing, and flying in one day?? The man-stars must have really aligned for you!B)

and I almost didn't go. the last song playing on the stereo before I left the house was Fire and Rain by James Taylor. then I get in the car and Bad Moon Rising comes on. I'm thinking....someone's trying to tell me something lol.

You can also do soft field takeoff and landing there if it's not too wet .
They have good food there !

Wow that sounds like pretty close to heaven to me!

I sure would enjoy something like that around here.

Back