1/5th Share of 1967 Cessna C-150 in Kansas City Area - FLY CHEAP !!

Jeffgis12b

Pre-takeoff checklist
Display Name

Display name:
Kenny
There are 2 shares for sale of a Super nice little Cessna C-150 at KGPH (Liberty,Mo -outside Kansas City) ,it is a 5-way partnership and the monthly dues for hanger,insurance and maintenance is $85.00 monthly and we pay the bank account $35 an hour WET !! at those numbers its always funded itself and the partners have never had to come out of pocket as of yet and I don't foresee that changing - It we great for a student pilot to learn to fly and build hours in or it is a IFR certified plane so it would be about the cheapest flying you can find to work on your Instrument ticket. Not sure it would be a plane I would be doing much hard IFR in myself but many of our great grandpas wouldn't have thought twice. Its not a fancy glass panel nor will it ever be so if that's what your looking for I wouldn't consider buying a share in hopes of talking the others into it as I think it fits best as just a nice cheap way to keep flying without upsetting the wife, it doesn't fly as much as it could but it does get up and never has there been a scheduling conflict as all the partners are like myself and don't really use it for anything important so if ever there was I am sure it could easily be worked out

It has about 7000tt and I cant remember the engine time off the top of my head but I know it has a lot of time left on it. The plane was totally redone when the club was formed and its been hangered at KGPH ever since and it such a nice little 150, the interior looks like brand new and the paint is super nice as well. There is no Autopilot but it is pretty much a hands off flying little airplane and as easy to fly as they get. Its pretty fast for a little 150 but its no Bonanza, it cruises at about 105-110mph on 4.5-5gph.

I just don't fly it anymore, since I purchased my other plane I find myself taking long trips all the time and just don't find time to get the 150 out. The other share is a gentleman like myself that just doesn't fly enough to justify keeping it.

He was asking $3500 for his share but recently I was told he is closer to $3000 now so mine would be the same. Students are welcome

Attachments

• cessna.jpg
    cessna.jpg
    92.4 KB · Views: 206
  • cessna panel.jpg
    cessna panel.jpg
    85.4 KB · Views: 235
  • cessa 2.jpg
    cessa 2.jpg
    103.3 KB · Views: 204
  • cessna 3.jpg
    cessna 3.jpg
    89.6 KB · Views: 194
So basically a plane no one else is really flying for $80 a month plus gas costs. Why, oh why, can something like this not come up at my little FBO.

Feel like moving this just across the border to Colorado? I will fly the heck out of it foe you. :D

Donate me the share and I'll take over the obligation for the monthly payment :)

Still looking to sale my share if there is anyone in the KC area looking to fly cheap

Last edited:
Still looking to sale my share if there is inatine in the KC area looking to fly cheap

Open to students? My wife is considering learning, a 150 would be nice for her.

There are 2 shares for sale of a Super nice little Cessna C-150 at KGPH (Liberty,Mo -outside Kansas City)

Hmm. Seriously...hmmm.... I have zero time in 150/152s but I have quite a bit in 162s. I'm in Lawrence but I spend a lot of time in the Weatherby Lake area. What's the useful load on that bird? 550lbs?

I would love to jump on this. But I don't think commuting from Tampa makes sense to fly for $35/ hr

Well.. @Jeffgis12b hasn't been seen for 10 months, so we may not get an update to this necro thread.

I sold my share but ended up with it back, guy I sold it to ended up not working out so I bought it back as respect the other owners. Great little bird if your looking for cheap flying. I just don’t fly it since I bought my Bonanza

Jeff, there is a FB group called KC Aviators. I would post there, there are 800+ members in the KC area, and I may know a couple people interested.

Yea I am on that FB page, I havnt really advertised it since I don’t really care either way about selling my share. If someone wanted it and seemed like they would be good to the other owners I would sell it, otherwise I would just keep it to save the others the headache of a crappy partner.

Cool. AT those prices I would expect that you wouldn't have much trouble selling. Of course good partners are worth gold.

Back