06C-KIKK via KPWK and CGT

GreatLakesFlying

Pre-takeoff checklist
Display Name

Display name:
Leo
First cross-country after the checkride. From Schaumburg Regional (06C) to Greater Kankakee (KIKK). Departed rwy 11, flew north, transitioned KPWK, flew to the CRIB, then CGT, then direct KIKK at 4500, while receiving flight following. Great day to fly!

Comments and suggestions for improving the video, my comm skills, or anything else are wholeheartedly welcome.

Last edited:
ONLY BECAUSE YOU ASKED........1) very nice HD video with the only exception being in the spots you get reflections. and u got some reflections goin on thar. see if u can experiment with mounting options that give you the least reflection, otherwise it looked great! 2) drop the 'and' as the first word of every radio call you do. 3) great music selection. nice job, great vid!

ONLY BECAUSE YOU ASKED........1) very nice HD video with the only exception being in the spots you get reflections. and u got some reflections goin on thar. see if u can experiment with mounting options that give you the least reflection, otherwise it looked great! 2) drop the 'and' as the first word of every radio call you do. 3) great music selection. nice job, great vid!

Thanks. I noticed them "ands" as I was editing the video and to be honest, it felt a bit embarrassing. I'll work on them. It's a bad habit crossover from my ham radio practice when I use local repeaters. I will also try different positions for the camera to find a better spot with fewer reflections.

Beautiful flying day for sure. Lakefront was the scenic route. Did you return the same way? or to the west?

Beautiful flying day for sure. Lakefront was the scenic route. Did you return the same way? or to the west?

I flew eastbound first. Then over the CGT VOR, I was offered the option to transition Midway to the northwest. Of course, I said yes! Here's a short video from the return trip.

Back