“Request for Airman Medical Record”, how to do it without fax/mail

Spitfire123

Filing Flight Plan
Display Name

Display name:
Spitfire123
I’m planning on seeing a provider for a psych eval and he has requested all records on file be sent to him.

It is my understanding that this is called a “Request for Airman Medical Records”. The first or second Google search result returns a link to an FAA page where it says a form must be filled out and then faxed back to the FAA.

Im just wondering if there’s a way to do this without using fax or mailing a physical copy.

My guess is fax or snail mail are the two choices to comply with the firm’s signature requirements.

If you have an electronic copy, you can send it as a fax. I've got stuck sending virtual faxes to people as well (and I know some of them don't actually print them either, so it's just an odd digital transfer). At least my FSDO has moved into this century and sends and receives everything as PDF files in emails.

The medical industry is single-handedly keeping fax machines alive...

Some lawyers still like them, but I just refuse to give out a fax number anymore.

The FAA is slowly updating their systems to digital communication, but right now they only communicate with outside entities via mail and fax. Those physicians and psychologist qualified at the HIMS level do have a digital document interface, but everyone else is still stuck with mail and fax.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back