Denver area in January?

I just realized I tried to quote darn near everyone in this thread... and then deleted it - too convoluted.

I have no ties or strong desires toward the fru-fru of Bar Louie, just picked it as conveniently located between downtown and Boulder (sorry Mari, tried to pick a half-way between Parker and Boulder but your data point skews the whole calculation out of the flight envelope).

Buckhorn is cool, but I don't think I would want to push Bill towards driving from Boulder to downtown at 5:30 (I try to escape from downtown by 3:30 and really don't want to venture back, but would/could stick around later than that if concensus is Buckhorn).

Casa Bonita is somewhere you take out of town visiting nieces and nephews ... only once, and only after preventative doses of Pepto and Immodium ... :yikes:

IMHO, La Estrellita is NOT "good Mexican" ... it's "ok tex-mex" ... :nono: :D I'm spoiled by Baja style Mexican with 20 years of San Diego/Baja/Riveria Maya style Mexican food ... but I would go with La Estrellita

I've flown with John Bowman - just didn't make the connection the first time his name was mentioned ...

So, anyway, I guess my vote would be La Estrellita, for Bill's convenience mostly. (Sorry, Mari).

Casa Bonita is somewhere you take out of town visiting nieces and nephews ... only once, and only after preventative doses of Pepto and Immodium ... :yikes:

What doesn't kill you makes you stronger. :yes:

What doesn't kill you makes you stronger. :yes:

That is a common misconception. After long study and repeated experimentation I have come to the following unshakable conclusion: What doesn't kill you hurts like hell. As always YMWV.

You beat me to it, David. I'm thankful the kids are over that stage now. Last time we went(and should be till g-kids) was two yrs ago. Food still sucks and the divers still do the same thing they did when I was a kid. :rofl:

I get 850KOA out here and remember Mike Rosin(sp?) talk'n about the Tivloi Deer(sp?)? It might be a bit fancy, I can't remember much about it except that it was so much/person, sorry I can't remember the price.

Hope you guys have a great time, even though the people there drive like they are nuts.:rofl: Can't imagine how they fly!:yikes: :rofl:

We need a decision by 2 pm MST Wednesday, true:

Vote so far:

1 Wynkoop
1 Hoffbrau
4 La Estrellita
4 Buckhorn
2 Bar Louie
-9 Casa Bonita

Note:
If Bill's not free until after 5:30 pm and coming from Boulder, the traffic is going the other way both to Buckhorn and La Estrellita. It's the rest of us that will have problems. Of course for me, I'd just get light rail to Buckhorn (I live 2 blocks from 9 Mile station)

We need a decision by 2 pm MST Wednesday, true:

Vote so far:

1 Wynkoop
1 Hoffbrau
4 La Estrellita
4 Buckhorn
2 Bar Louie
-9 Casa Bonita

I do believe that Murphey is qualified to work the election board in Chicago!

So, anyway, I guess my vote would be La Estrellita, for Bill's convenience mostly. (Sorry, Mari).
Don't pick someplace on my account. In fact the plane is down and needs a part which I'm pretty sure won't be here by tomorrow night and that's the only plane I can fly. I don't mind driving up to the NW either.

PS: I don't live in Parker I live in Elizabeth, LOL.

Don't pick someplace on my account. In fact the plane is down and needs a part which I'm pretty sure won't be here by tomorrow night and that's the only plane I can fly. I don't mind driving up to the NW either.

Doh, I knew that ...

LOL, do you get to vote if you aren't coming Anthony? Buckhorn Exchange is really a thing to see in Denver, though. :)

Hey, if you go to the Buckhorn, I just may show up. I can use light rail from KAPA now. You know at Park Meadows. :)

Hey, if you go to the Buckhorn, I just may show up. I can use light rail from KAPA now. You know at Park Meadows. :)

I've used the light rail going to APA. It's just a bit of a hike from the closest station. Catching at Park Meadows would be just a tad further...

Breakfast @ McDonalds, 9am...anyone? (j/k)
weather's not looking too hot there tomorrow....I guess I'll beat it

Parker. I've spent some time around there.... quite different now than it was when I first went...

I'll PM my email and cellphone to Murphy and Mari.

Parker. I've spent some time around there.... quite different now than it was when I first went...
Parker was a hamlet the first time I saw it almost 30 years ago. Now it's in the middle of suburbia.

Turns out that KAPA is outside the area the "trolley" serves. I've had long chats with RTD about it. The times I've had to leave the airplane at KAPA, someone drives me over to the light rail station.

Worst case is walking the mile (2?) up to Arapahoe and catching a bus to the light rail station.

I'm gonna have to skip tomorrow, I have to train some folks on swing shift, it's gonna be quite late by the time we're done.
Have fun!

Turns out that KAPA is outside the area the "trolley" serves. I've had long chats with RTD about it. The times I've had to leave the airplane at KAPA, someone drives me over to the light rail station.

Worst case is walking the mile (2?) up to Arapahoe and catching a bus to the light rail station.

Or get TAC Air to give you a ride.

Appreciate it if someone would send me an email with the location. Headed into meeting with limited internet access.

Bill

Looks like we ended up tied between Buckhorn and Estrallita. Who is going to flip the coin?

I'll flip the coin but you have to call it!

Well, it basically means that the tails side of coin was facing the desktop and the heads side was facing up.:D

Hey, my job was to flip the coin. Anything else is up to other parties.

If it is left to me I'd make the call for the "ok tex-mex", but I'm just a coin flipper...

Well, it basically means that the tails side of coin was facing the desktop and the heads side was facing up.:D
Ohhhh... Suppose we try again.

Heads = Buckhorn, Tails = Estrellita

That is, unless someone can come up with at better idea. A bunch of pilots and we can't even make a simple decision! :D

Does that mean its the Buckhorn or you want I should flip the coin again?

Okay, it came up heads again. I may have to have the coin inspected for proper function. Let me call the IA...

Does that mean its the Buckhorn or you want I should flip the coin again?
Hey, I'm not that much of a cheater!

Okay, it came up heads again. I may have to have the coin inspected for proper function. Let me call the IA...
Haha. I guess it's the Buckhorn then unless someone wants to overrule the coin. :)

The Buckhorn it is.

How many are we? 6?

I'm guessing the earliest Bill could make it down from the People's Republic is 6:30 or so. The border crossing is a real drag with the security checks and all. Ok, what I really mean is that last bit on I-25 can suck.

The Buckhorn it is.

How many are we? 6?
Bill, Murphey, Greg, Clark, Stagecoach, Me. I don't think Anthony will be able to make it since the weather is not Tiger-friendly today. If he does I can pick him up at KAPA. :D

KAPA 061445Z 0615/0712 04015G25KT P6SM BKN005 OVC020
FM061520 04015G25KT 1/2SM FZFG BKN003 OVC008
TEMPO 0616/0618 4SM -SN BR BKN008 OVC015
FM061800 03012G22KT 3SM -SN BLSN BR BKN005 OVC008
TEMPO 0619/0623 1SM -SN BLSN BR
FM070100 04010KT 4SM -SN BR BKN008 OVC015
TEMPO 0701/0703 2SM -SN BR OVC008
FM070300 08006KT P6SM SCT008 BKN015
FM070600 21006KT P6SM SCT015 BKN040
FM070900 21006KT P6SM SCT040 SCT080
I'm guessing the earliest Bill could make it down from the People's Republic is 6:30 or so. The border crossing is a real drag with the security checks and all. Ok, what I really mean is that last bit on I-25 can suck.
I would say at least 6:30 based upon the forecast. I don't think we're supposed to get much accumulation though.

I don't think Anthony will be able to make it since the weather is not Tiger-friendly today. If he does I can pick him up at KAPA. :D

KAPA 061445Z 0615/0712 04015G25KT P6SM BKN005 OVC020
FM061520 04015G25KT 1/2SM FZFG BKN003 OVC008
TEMPO 0616/0618 4SM -SN BR BKN008 OVC015
FM061800 03012G22KT 3SM -SN BLSN BR BKN005 OVC008
TEMPO 0619/0623 1SM -SN BLSN BR
FM070100 04010KT 4SM -SN BR BKN008 OVC015
TEMPO 0701/0703 2SM -SN BR OVC008
FM070300 08006KT P6SM SCT008 BKN015
FM070600 21006KT P6SM SCT015 BKN040
FM070900 21006KT P6SM SCT040 SCT080
I would say at least 6:30 based upon the forecast. I don't think we're supposed to get much accumulation though.

I would much rather be in Denver in bad weather than Philly in good weather. :D

Have a good time guys/gals!

Anthony - come on down! :) BJC's not looking so good right now, tho
KBJC 061647Z 07009KT 4SM BR OVC008 M08/M09 A3011
but better than it was an hour ago ... Dave, you get in and out of there yet?

Mari - you joining us?

Last edited:
Dave, you get in and out of there yet?

ya, it was 200ovc and 3/16sm when I first checked it over Tucumcari, (and the alt, APA was about as bad) then by landing it had lifted to 300 & 2mi so no prob

You guys have a fun time!

Great to see everyone tonight! Thanks for coming out.

Only took me an hour to get back....

Bill

Back