Happy Birthday Spike!

Spike, I know I give you a bad time, but I do hope you know that I really do like you. I hope you have a great birthday. Bob

Spike had a great surprise birthday bash tonight... as I was leaving at 10pm, his wife, Celia, insisted I post pictures and video to POA. Sorry, Spike, she made me do it!!

Here's where Spike enters the building (Sala Tex Mex in South Dallas; reserved by Celia for this event--we were the only ones there). I apologize for the darkness of the video; you can see the Dallas skyline in the background, and the sun was behind the people--so silhouettes are all you get:

And pictures are here, though I'll let any stories behind them be told by Spike himself, if he wishes.... or, as Celia said to pass on to y'all, "be jealous you weren't there, and move to Dallas so you can be at the next one!", and then you won't have to wonder at the stories behind the pictures. You'll KNOW! ;)

Happy Birthday, Spike!

Wow! Spike in a cowboy hat! Whodathunk? :D

Dave Taylor was there, too! :blueplane: Cool! B)

Happy birthday Spike. Sorry I couldn't make it -- I almost rode the Bandit down but realized I'd need a new tire. Next time!

Happy Birthday Spike! The airplane cake looks as good as the real thing!

Damn I bought my tickets to DFW for NEXT week. Well I guess someone will be turning 50 in the Dallas Area then. HAPPY BIRTHDAY SPIKE!!!!!! You are a Mench among Hosses

And pictures are here, though I'll let any stories behind them be told by Spike himself, if he wishes.... or, as Celia said to pass on to y'all, "be jealous you weren't there, and move to Dallas so you can be at the next one!", and then you won't have to wonder at the stories behind the pictures. You'll KNOW! ;)

Happy Birthday, Spike!

The only photo missing is Hayden:D

HPD Spike! Sorry I couldn't join you. Hope you had some other folks my age there to make you feel younger <g>. Looking forward to seeing you soon.

Best,

Dave

Sorry I'm a day late - HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

Happy Birthday Spike!

I had so much fun, I was limping by the end (Ok, I crashed my right knee into a bench...). CJane surprised me COMPLETELY, with able assistance from Dr. Dave and some others. It was a blast, and I could not be luckier than I am, to have a wife like her and friends like these.

Spike, You're a special man who deserves a special birthday party. HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

i was away from the weekend so am running late, but happy birthday spike!

Shoot! How did I miss this??

I'm glad you had a happy birthday, Spike. Consider this this the first birthday wishes for next year. :)

If Rob Halford were a pilot....
IMG_0880.JPG

Just kidding, happy birthday Spike. I'd have been there....but I had no idea about the party.

Happy Belated, Spike! I wish I had known about this ahead of time, I would have tried to make it up to Dallas to wish you a happy birthday in person!

I had so much fun, I was limping by the end (Ok, I crashed my right knee into a bench...).

And I had the luck to press the shutter button at exactly that moment. Poor guy!! He just wanted to blow out his candles....

He wasn't faking or putting on for the camera... he really did smack that knee hard...

attachment.php

Attachments

• IMG_0911.JPG
    IMG_0911.JPG
    54.1 KB · Views: 30
I believe, at that particular moment, I said, "Golly."

Or, maybe, it was "Geez."

Sumpin' like that...

Back