What is it with all wx pages going to ****? (this time Windy)

EdFred

Taxi to Parking
Display Name

Display name:
White Chocolate
Since I started using it, it would save what layers I wanted. Until today. Sign in today, and now all that's available as default are the **** layers no one cares about. And no way that I can see to save the layers you want displayed. What is it with every ****ing web site going to absolute ****ing ****?

Oh, you can pin it, but they make the ability to do so so ****ing small, it's easily overlooked.

god, I want to punch every ****ing webpage programmer in the mother ****ing throat.

you mean this stuff?

1712761896135.png

this is pretty cool (well, for about 5 seconds or so), but if you select the weather radar, you can actually hear little tick noises for lightening strikes. go ahead, try it......the storm that's over LA/MS right now. that sht is pretty funny!

1712761933343.png

Since I started using it, it would save what layers I wanted. Until today. Sign in today, and now all that's available as default are the **** layers no one cares about. And no way that I can see to save the layers you want displayed. What is it with every ****ing web site going to absolute ****ing ****?

Oh, you can pin it, but they make the ability to do so so ****ing small, it's easily overlooked.

god, I want to punch every ****ing webpage programmer in the mother ****ing throat.
I agree, they had a really good weather tool and they just ruined it! It's like they don't care about us at all.

Has all the good stuff moved to a paid version?

Has all the good stuff moved to a paid version?
No. It can be found but they cleared all cookies and made it more difficult to quickly see it is still there.

Where is the button to turn off the stupid lightning noise?

We are now the products of a global information marketplace (sold to the highest bidder and to any other chump that wants it) and no longer the customers of a service-based industry.

I agree, they had a really good weather tool and they just ruined it! It's like they don't care about us at all.
To be fair, I think Windy was developed for sailors. Aviation was just a happy little coincidence.

It's not the developers, it's the idiot middle management trying to justify their continued employment after "job done"

We're usually the victims of the enshittification, not the perpetrators.

I'll second this.

It is a rare thing when the webdevs actually control the layout of the page. They're just the hired help that implements the decisions by others in the company.
Sometimes the webdevs do get to give input, but more frequently it is "Here's the changes needed, how long will it take you to implement them?"

I'll second this.

It is a rare thing when the webdevs actually control the layout of the page. They're just the hired help that implements the decisions by others in the company.
Sometimes the webdevs do get to give input, but more frequently it is "Here's the changes needed, how long will it take you to implement them?"
"And here are the needed changes:
First, a pop-up asking them to accept cookies, followed by a labyrinthine set of choices if they don't accept. Then a pop-up asking if they want to receive notifications. After that, cover the page with a window telling them that they can save 15% on their next order if they sign up for our newsletter. And make the X to close it really small. Then when they're done with that, thinking that they can finally review the actual content, hit them with a What's New bubble telling them about a minor change in the menus that we just made, and that only include buttons that say Show Me or Remind Me Later."

I'm lucky that in my career I've been able to avoid that dreck. Others are less fortunate, obviously, because it's eeeeeeeverywhere.

I actually assume most of the implementors of that garbage are stuck on H1B visas and basically are faced with the choice of "enshittify or be deported along with your family"

Back