Retirement Gig

dbahn

Pattern Altitude
Display Name

Display name:
Dave Bahnson
Someone (evidently from the line crew) posted this brief video on Youtube today. I've had a great seasonal retirement gig for the past 14 years. I fly my Cub through Lincoln Gap in the Green Mountains to Sugarbush, where I hop into the Pawnee and tow gliders all day. I call it a gig, but I donate most of what I earn to the Youth Program there. It's exciting to watch and participate in the development of young pilots, a vital component for the future of General Aviation.

Thanks Dave!

I was a member of Las Vegas Valley Soaring Assoc in Nevada. As a club member, I donated a lot of my time instructing, towing, and filling club offices.
Retired, moved to New England, donating my time to Greater Boston Soaring Association, instructing, towing, tow plane maintenance supervision, and towing gliders on trailers around the area as needed. I've even delivered and picked up gliders at Sugarbush to support the WSPA seminars.

I guess you could call it a "Retirement Gig".

Let me know if you plan to visit there again!

Not sure what we are supposed to get out of a 15second video playing questionable music. Did I miss something

Not sure what we are supposed to get out of a 15second video playing questionable music. Did I miss something
Probably nothing, but it's an interesting creation by kids on the line crew and Youth Camp, most of whom are aspiring future pilots, who describe as a "Dream Team" the idea of flying a Cub to tow gliders for a living. They're barely teenages and I'm 77, but I'm doing it just for fun. I would never have chosen the music . . .

Back