Apple To Reportedly Launch An Unnamed Foldable Device As Early As 2026 To Replace The iPad mini

I have a co-worker who has the Samsung Galaxy phone that folds. It looks terrible to me. It looks weird where the fold is, and when folded, the phone is really fat. Even on their ad, you can see how it looks... yuck!

FT03-FEATURE-FULL-BLEED-Q5_Thefutureofdoing_D.jpg

I really like my folding android phones. The Galaxy form factor is the worst when folded up. I have the Oneplus Open and I really like it. I can plan flights any time, anywhere without carrying a separate device. I can browse the services and one tap call FBOs, awos ph#, rental cars, etc. right from the EFB. I can check the EFB in folded mode for something quick in flight or expand into an ipad mini 5 sized screen when required. The major downside is android OS and I'm more familiar with my iOS-based EFB....

Will it be the iFold, or maybe the iHinge? Could be the iBend?

This will be like 3D TVs. A fad.
My niece has the foldable phone and it is just awful.

There is a permanent crease in her screen.

Hold on -- all the convenience of an EFB plus the nostalgia of foldable sectionals? Sign me up!
But when you unfold the new iPad will it be in the wrong spot and a pain the recenter. That’s the question

I have a co-worker who has the Samsung Galaxy phone that folds. It looks terrible to me. It looks weird where the fold is, and when folded, the phone is really fat. Even on their ad, you can see how it looks... yuck!

FT03-FEATURE-FULL-BLEED-Q5_Thefutureofdoing_D.jpg
I've had 3 different Samsung devices that fold. Including both 1st generations of the flip and the fold. I couldn't see the crease on any of them as the user. From the side the crease is very apparent but straight on its invisible. It is a superior form factor that's why Apple will eventually release a folding device.

No way it's less than $2k LOL The best android foldables are already near $2k.

The foldable Samsung galaxy is about 3 times the price of the non-foldable equivalent Samsung.

I am sure foldable Apple will have a markup, but if it aint broke dont fix it.

They will have to release a new apple pencil specifically for soft screens.

Back