What type of equipment do I tell atc that I have?

That does bring up a good point. What is all that ICAO soup? I'm not instrument current, so I haven't worried about it, but if I were to become current, what would I put down? IIRC all three of the club airplanes are different.
My club put the ICAO codes for each aircraft on their Web site.

For my Warrior, I have GPS on an iPad with a antenna atop the glare shield where it has a good view of the sky through the Lexan.

What do I tell ATC or list on a VFR flight plan?

Have the usual other stuff, ADS-B Out, transponder, DME, and ADF.

Radio and transponder is /U. However, no equipment code is needed for VFR flight following. If someday you find a controller that wants that information, they can ask (I've never been asked).
I was asked on flight following number of souls onboard and fuel remaining one time on flight following, was never asked that before but Barrow to Anchorage is a lot of dropouts of radar so there was an hour or two I was out of radar and comms.

Must be said in an imitation of Slim Pickins as Major "T. J. King "Kong" in "Doctor Strangelove."

"Well... That is a might personal (ma'am or mister)... Let's just say no-one's complained so far..."

That does bring up a good point. What is all that ICAO soup? I'm not instrument current, so I haven't worried about it, but if I were to become current, what would I put down? IIRC all three of the club airplanes are different.

You can create a different profile for each aircraft in ForeFlight.

Unless the controller sounds cute and is willing to give me a number to contact I never discuss my equipment with atc.
If that’s the case, how will you ever get compliments on your equipment?

If they ask for position and equipment, just reply "It's 106 miles to Chicago, we've got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark, and we're wearing sunglasses." They'll clear you direct and have the FBI waiting for you.

If they ask for position and equipment, just reply "It's 106 miles to Chicago, we've got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark, and we're wearing sunglasses." They'll clear you direct and have the FBI waiting for you.
Yeah, but the mortgage will be paid, and you'll be a big dude in a big house.

Been asked multiple times but do not offer/info unless asked.

Was once told for VFR FF keep it simple.../G if you have GPS, /U if not...just lets controller know if they can give ay a GPS or VOR waypoint in nav instructions if needed.

Was once told for VFR FF keep it simple.../G if you have GPS, /U if not...just lets controller know if they can give ay a GPS or VOR waypoint in nav instructions if needed.
Even on a popup IFR clearance I was not asked for an ICAO jumble (much like @midlifeflyer ), at least for the few times I've done it. Of course I was already on VFR flight following each time, so that may or may not be a factor.

Back