Lets make Friday 'Joke Day'!

I would never refuse to help someone who is drowning.

Of course, there are response levels...
- For some, I'll dive in immediately.​
- For others, I'll call 911.​
- For a few, I'll send a letter to the American Lifeguard Association stamped "Urgent."​

I would never refuse to help someone who is drowning.

Of course, there are response levels...
- For some, I'll dive in immediately.​
- For others, I'll call 911.​
- For a few, I'll send a letter to the American Lifeguard Association stamped "Urgent."​
Would you give drowning man a glass of water?

That was a good clip! Even a shot a Spirit at the end, too.

As far as drowning goes, I'd absolutely help a person. A corporation? Depending on the corporation, I might throw them a filing cabinet. Corporations aren't people.

In my youth I took lifeguard training and worked briefly one summer. Made an in-water save, but the most important thing I learned from my training was, if you don't use proper technique there is a chance they will take you down with them.

When true panic sets in, a drowning person will try to crawl on top of you with double their normal strength. That's why Baywatch carries those orange footballs.

BTW, at one time I did have a Speedo. Looked okay--way, way back then.

BTW, at one time I did have a Speedo. Looked okay--way, way back then.

When I was in my 20s (and the earth was young), I used one for diving as it was comfortable under a wetsuit and didn't bunch up the way trunks would. But those days are long gone....

When I was in my 20s (and the earth was young), I used one for diving as it was comfortable under a wetsuit and didn't bunch up the way trunks would. But those days are long gone....
My SIL moved to Europe and took up with a guy from Monaco. They came to visit here and went to the beach in my car. When they got back to the car they found it locked with their phone and keys inside. So they started walking back here in; he in his speedo and her in her bikini. She actually looked very good in it, but he was another story. After about a mile a cop stopped them because someone complained about their lude appearance. It worked out ok because the cop gave them a ride back, but he gave him a warning not to walk the streets like that. He didn't say a word to her for some reason.

What's a SIL? I realize that his is a Pilots' Forum and that Pilots need to abbreviate everything possible when copying clearances, weather etc.; however, this is just a fun forum (Friday Joke Day), so let those like me get the joke right away instead of having to rack the remains of my brane to decipher acronyms long since forgotten (or never even heard of/learned). I hazard a guess that the "SIL" referred to in the above post is not a Son In Law after further reading of the text of the post encounters the terms "her" and "she".

Just an old curmudgeon venting ...

What's a SIL? I realize that his is a Pilots' Forum and that Pilots need to abbreviate everything possible when copying clearances, weather etc.; however, this is just a fun forum (Friday Joke Day), so let those like me get the joke right away instead of having to rack the remains of my brane to decipher acronyms long since forgotten (or never even heard of/learned). I hazard a guess that the "SIL" referred to in the above post is not a Son In Law after further reading of the text of the post encounters the terms "her" and "she".

Just an old curmudgeon venting ...
As one old curmudgeon to another, I feel your pain and I apologize. Yes, SIL is Sister in Law.
But you know, it never hurts to have to exercise your brain just a little.

Back