FAA HIMS AME

Nicholas Pearson

Filing Flight Plan
Display Name

Display name:
Supernick747
So, now that I have done my orthopedic evaluation, the FAA now requires me to get an evaluation done with a HIMS AME due to my history with mild depression and treatment with Citalopram. I tried reaching out to Mayo Clinic who has HIMS AMEs, but their availability is limited and their criteria is only for pilots. I did email Dr. Chien as well to see if he'd be able to assist me, but is there anything else that I'm missing or anything else I need to do in the meantime before I try to get this done?

Well, you can start collecting any medical records that may have anything to do with that diagnosis and treatment. Did the FAA list any other specific requirements in their notification to you?

You'll need more than just the HIMS AME, but that's where you're going to need to start. There's a couple in the same practice (Jetzer and Peterson up near Minneapolis). You're going to end up being referred to the neuropsych and cogscreen (FAA has to get their kickback).

What state are you in? If you’re anywhere close to Dr. Davenport in Austin TX I’d highly recommend him.

He has been an awesome guide in my HIMS process.

I need an extension on my application. I feel like I won’t have enough time to get all of this done, I’ve only got less than a month before my application is denied for going past the date. Any ideas how to contact the medical office? I’ve tried calling several times but to no avail.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back