Best places for cheap hangars?

At a minimum, ads from "red" counties and "blue" counties showing the rental rates.

If you're going to make a definitive statement, you should be able to back it up with something.
Here’s a 7 year old thread on hangar prices around the U.S. you could probably plot out the locations with the prices if you wanted to. I don’t think it would surprise anyone, regardless of their political persuasion, that the cheaper locations are in red counties.

https://www.pilotsofamerica.com/community/threads/hangar-pricing.88255/

So where do you find advertised rental rates for aircraft hangers listed?
That's not my problem.

So you offer citations with every statement that you make in casual conversation?
If requested, yes.

I perceive that there is something more to your request than the gathering of information.
I your perception would be wrong. I hear something questionable and I question it. Simple as that. What if someone pointed out that people who live in the south had a lower IQ and higher rate of STD's than people from the north. Would you question the research or statistics for that? Or just accept it as fact? Or just ignore it?

That's not my problem.

If requested, yes.

I your perception would be wrong. I hear something questionable and I question it. Simple as that. What if someone pointed out that people who live in the south had a lower IQ and higher rate of STD's than people from the north. Would you question the research or statistics for that? Or just accept it as fact? Or just ignore it?
Ignore it.

About 30 city rental T hangars at our airport and all of them are between $80 to $100 month. Includes lights and outlet and city covers electric and snow removal. About 45 miles from KMSP so just outside Bravo in MN. Full length taxiway and getting a new airport building soon. Hangars are in so so shape but locked and secure. Not insulated. Long waiting list though.

I think this is the most overlooked part of the request.

Where can I actually get a hangar? I am on waiting lists in 3 states on 2 coasts and after 5 years I never received a call.

Reactions: WDD
Ignorance is bliss.
Not ignorance. I recognized it as an opinion. You can either agree with it or disagree with it. Instead you demand a citation that you know doesn’t exist. It is an old tactic that has been recently resurrected by the screaming left when they hear an opinion that they don’t like.

Hangars requires almost no ongoing maintenance, they’re basically money printing machines, but for some reason the airport management can’t see this.

It's a little more complicated than that. Feel free to PM with any questions. This is my area of expertise.

Where can I actually get a hangar? I am on waiting lists in 3 states on 2 coasts and after 5 years I never received a call.

Most airports don’t build more hangars than they can fill, so Even out here in the middle of nowhere there are waiting lists. Some lists are longer than others, depending on how close to a metro area they are. Turnover at the airports is often pretty slow.

If a hangar is a must, I think you’re just going to have to start searching for more rural airports that appear to have a lot of hangars and call to see if there is any space available. Otherwise, if ramp space is acceptable, I’d probably go for an airport in the southwest US to minimize the risk of damage.

I pay $1710 a year and have Wi-Fi at my hangar. My last one was $100 a month at one of the smaller uncontrolled fields

What I found with my local airport, when I was looking, that if you had a plane that was ready to go into a hangar one would be found. But otherwise your name was on the waiting list.

Even in the Midwest waiting lists exist. Across southwest OH (Dayton/Cincinnati) region even the more outlying airports have waiting lists.

I just came back from a visit to Helena, MT and the hangar situation doesn’t seem bad there after I talked to local pilots. Not sure about prices. Up here in Canada, I was on a waiting list for a year before I got into a hangar.

Back