AirVenture 2022 - Night Airshow

VWGhiaBob

Line Up and Wait
Display Name

Display name:
VWGhiaBob
I’m a newbie at AirVenture…first time this year. I’ve heard the night airshow is spectacular. Any recommendations on where to sit to view it tonight (Wednesday)?

It's designed to be viewed from show center, but it doesn't matter much. Anywhere along the flightline is pretty good if you don't want to walk the extra mile and fight the crowds. The view is decent even from the N40.

I think it’s a bit better further back from the flight line. You get a better view of everything

I’m a newbie at AirVenture…first time this year. I’ve heard the night airshow is spectacular. Any recommendations on where to sit to view it tonight (Wednesday)?
I saw it from about 3/4 miles West of the Runway. Thought it was pretty good. That’s the only time so I have nothing to compare it to.

I usually watch it from the Vintage Ops building (across from the Hangar Cafe) because that's where I am usually working.

The best place to watch it was Jay's camp site in the North 40 because you can't hear the inane narration from there.

I usually watch it from the Vintage Ops building (across from the Hangar Cafe) because that's where I am usually working.

The best place to watch it was Jay's camp site in the North 40 because you can't hear the inane narration from there.
And there's beer :cheers:

I’ve heard Kyle Fowler’s show will be something pretty special. Also heard there will be planes flying after the wall of fire, so don’t run off!

4C779780-97DB-42FC-8A74-36D08602A88F.jpeg

Attachments

• 7A406084-4FE8-4BA4-8C92-A480CD2D3A66.jpeg
    7A406084-4FE8-4BA4-8C92-A480CD2D3A66.jpeg
    132.5 KB · Views: 34
Confirmed we are watching it from Jays in the North 40. Take the red tram to the end of the line. Texas flag about a 2 minute walk. Beer and pizza. It isn’t the best spot for seeing everything but there will be beer.

Confirmed we are watching it from Jays in the North 40. Take the red tram to the end of the line. Texas flag about a 2 minute walk. Beer and pizza. It isn’t the best spot for seeing everything but there will be beer.

There will be whatever beer you bring. It doesn’t magically appear.

I like feeling the heat from the wall of fire, and I love the look on the face of my 5 year old when it goes off, so the closer the better. I hope they don't have that lame drone show this year.

There will be whatever beer you bring. It doesn’t magically appear.
Well, true enough, though I was implying I brought some homebrew to share. It was a great, relaxing evening and we only made two tactical retreats to Jay’s tent due to brief rain showers. Pizza turned out pretty good too.

Best fireworks show I've ever seen. Pretty impressive.

And they had the Super Chipmunk flying through some of the ground based fireworks. It was a great show. Even if trying to get to my car was a hassle.

And they had the Super Chipmunk flying through some of the ground based fireworks. It was a great show. Even if trying to get to my car was a hassle.

Nathan Hammond flies the Super Chipmunk. I'm pretty sure he also uses it to do most of the skywriting over the show during the day. Really nice guy from a family with a long history in aviation.

I was blown away. I wondered how it could get any more awesome than it was last year, but they topped it. Having the airplane flying around, lit up, shooting fireworks with the big fireworks in the background... how awesome. Nowhere else in the world will you see something like that.

We sat next to AOPA's VIP tent, so not quite show center but close. I think it was worth it, idiot behind me taking pictures and videos with her flash on notwithstanding. We walked back to camp. Being close enough to feel the heat from the gas bombs was awesome.

Hoping to catch both shows next year... one from the same spot and one from the PPOAPOAPPPAOP party.

The Wednesday what got cancelled?
Last year the big storm came through on Wed night, so they postponed it and did it Thursday.

I missed the “last year”

Back