Canadians?

Skytweet

Filing Flight Plan
Display Name

Display name:
Dan
good evening all. Are there many Canadians on here? I am at cyee midland in Ontario.
Talk to you later
Dan

31 yrs in S.Ont, learned at (now overrun with residential) Maple airport, have landed at most airports Ottawa to Windsor, T.O. to Sudbury, eh?

We had a nice young lady from Canada, once. Large farm up there somewhere, a fleet of trucks, and a Cessna 180.

good evening all. Are there many Canadians on here? I am at cyee midland in Ontario.
Talk to you later
Dan

I am Canadian with a Canadian pilot license, but I have been living in the U.S for the past 25 years.

CYOO based here.

Americas includes the three countries so why not.

There are a fair number of Canadians on here. I'm an Alaskan, which means I've flown through Canada a few times, and I understand the cold, haha. :)
Welcome!
What do you fly? Renter? Owner? What kind of pilot? Private? Commercial? Fancy jets? SuperCubs? We want to know All The Things!

Well, aside from the flapping heads.

@Chrisgoesflying is a real Canadian (or so he claims)

Strictly speaking I'm not. I live in Canada, have done so for many many years, and will officially be Canadian citizen very soon though. But even then, I wouldn't consider myself a "real Canadian". I turn up the heater, put on two sweaters and a jacket when temps go below 50F... I've seen "real Canadians" in shorts and tee shirt at 32F - I'm not there yet, probably never will. Florida sounds really nice from November until May lol.

Nope, not a single one. This is Pilots of Murica not Pilots of North America!

Pilots of [America] -> The Americas, which are sometimes collectively called America, are a landmass comprising the totality of North and South America.The Americas make up most of the land in Earth's Western Hemisphere and comprise the New World.

I guess Canada counts and when going by the above definition of America, also Mexico, Brazil, Argentina, etc.

Pilots of [America] -> The Americas, which are sometimes collectively called America, are a landmass comprising the totality of North and South America.The Americas make up most of the land in Earth's Western Hemisphere and comprise the New World.

I guess Canada counts and when going by the above definition of America, also Mexico, Brazil, Argentina, etc.
Spoken like a true Canadian :D

Fn Bill and Ted they are candians and sht man I needs me some more Hennesy aight

Is that why we haven’t seen @LongRoadBob in a while?

I see that here in the Detroit area.

But it's a lot colder in Canada. Windsor doesn't get up to 32 until the temperature in Detroit is purd near 90.

And even then, Windsor is like in the Canadian tropics. The rest of Canada outside of southern Ontario and southern BC doesn’t hit 32 until Windsor gets to at least 70. It’s crazy up here. Never knew a line on the map would have such an impact on climate.

Canada....isn't that the long stretch of road between Washington and Alaska.??

My wife, from the Philippines, loves northern BC and Yukon.

One of the coldest winters I ever spent was the first summer I spent in the city formerly known as Barrow, AK.

Last edited:
Wait, this isn't a thread about night crawlers?

I’m in Mexico and surprised it allows me to login here haha.

CYOO based here.

Americas includes the three countries so why not.

"THE Americas" include more than three countries.
But only ONE is recognized as "America". The rest are individual countries that are included in "THE Americas". But they are not "America".

I have several Canada pennies that I have received in change over the years.

My wife has a loonie and a toonie she found on the side of the road the last time we went through Canada.

Seriously? I’m sure the OP understands that my comment was nothing more than a friendly ribbing. If not, I pray that he wasn’t too traumatized by my hurtful remarks. Unbelievable. :rolleyes:
Fair enough,
but how can you expect that someone that doesn't know you; someone that is from a different country, can tell you are only "ribbing"? Especially when they can't see or hear your inflection.

Fair enough,
but how can you expect that someone that doesn't know you; someone that is from a different country, can tell you are only "ribbing"? Especially when they can't see or hear your inflection.
If that was enough to run someone off, they weren't going to last long here anyway.

canadians have 1.3 times the sense of humor as americans do.

Seriously? I’m sure the OP understands that my comment was nothing more than a friendly ribbing. If not, I pray that he wasn’t too traumatized by my hurtful remarks. Unbelievable. :rolleyes:
I took it as a joke, but then I am a funny guy and appreciate sarcasm.

I was tempted to respond with a similar 'go look for a pilots of Canada' remark but someone beat me to it

Given the name of the forum I thought it was clever

Back