Oxygen systems

I use the SkyOz system. O2 bottle on the rear floor, in reach of regulator.

I gave my o2 system up when I purchased my Cessna 150,I do carry a pulse ox and a co2 detector.

This carry back and buckle system, is the a product for sale somewhere or did you make it? Can you share a picture?

I am researching the systems folks advised, but have a tough time picturing securing it in the cabin. It is one thing to get hit by a soft sided flight bag, likely quite another by an O2 cylinder.
The case I have is from aviationoxygen.com but it doesn't appear they still carry it - I sent them an email, will let you know the answer. The case has 4 buckels that connect to the strap that goes around the back seat of the cherokee. Vertically, all the way around. Two are around the top of the bottle, one attaches the back of the case to the strap in the middle of the bottle, then there's a 4th buckle at the bottom of the bottle. Unlikely that all 4 will go at the same time. The straps are 1 in heavy webbing.

The green strap also goes all the way around the back seat and is used to connect a dog harness when I'm flying Pilots n Paws. The dog can sit up or lay down but can't get into the front.

upload_2022-7-3_16-59-27.png

upload_2022-7-3_16-59-55.png

upload_2022-7-3_17-0-55.png

Yep, aviationoxygen.com still carries the case…contact them direct with size of the bottle. $90.

The case I have is from aviationoxygen.com but it doesn't appear they still carry it - I sent them an email, will let you know the answer. The case has 4 buckels that connect to the strap that goes around the back seat of the cherokee. Vertically, all the way around. Two are around the top of the bottle, one attaches the back of the case to the strap in the middle of the bottle, then there's a 4th buckle at the bottom of the bottle. Unlikely that all 4 will go at the same time. The straps are 1 in heavy webbing.

The green strap also goes all the way around the back seat and is used to connect a dog harness when I'm flying Pilots n Paws. The dog can sit up or lay down but can't get into the front.

View attachment 108343

View attachment 108344

View attachment 108346

Thanks for this. As I perused sites of different companies I ended up seeing something similar. What a great system!
I called Mountain High and ordered a system today, thanks everyone.

I made my own very inexpensively using a medical regulator. I don't know today's cost but I just paid a couple of oxy top.JPG hundred dollars. I like the welding tank connection as you could go to any shop that does gas welding and get it filled with a simple adaptor and far cheaper than at an airport. I bought my own K (the tall tanks) and fill my own and chose a 44 cubic foot tank from a a welding supply store.

Back