Bicycle ride from Oshkosh to Fisk

Martin Pauly

Line Up and Wait
PoA Supporter
Display Name

Display name:
Martin Pauly
Last year, a few of us had a great time riding our bikes to Fisk to visit the ATC outpost there. Most of the ride is on Fisk Ave - which many have flown over as part of the famous Fisk Arrival.

I'll do the same again this year on Sunday afternoon - would be great to have others come along. It's an easy ride, 8 miles each way, mostly flat, with a bar in Fisk where we can grab a refreshment before the ride home.

Sunday, July 24, 2022 at 1:00 PM.

More info: https://fb.me/e/4BwHt3Tj6

- Martin

Ride to Fisk.jpg

Last edited:
I'd be up for this, not going this year, but next year.

Just curious: were you able to interact much with the controllers there? I’m sure they’re busy but I suspect they rotate shifts and some could chat.

Just curious: were you able to interact much with the controllers there?
Not last year. Their area was roped off, with signs saying to keep a distance due to COVID. It was still eye-opening to see exactly what they see and listen to them talking to planes and each other for coordination.

We’ll see what this year brings…

- Martin

Not last year. Their area was roped off, with signs saying to keep a distance due to COVID.
Oops - duh!

Just a week or so ago the tower at Austin got closed because someone tested positive and they needed to sanitize the place. I imagine they’re still pretty picky about that!

Nevertheless that sounds like fun. I told my wife and she noted we’ll be coming in Saturday, weather permitting, and could grab some bikes at Goodwill. She was excited about the idea. We’ll see…

Thanks - and have fun!

My first Oshkosh, I drove out to Fisk with Paul Bertorelli and we sat there helping controllers identify the types of experimentals for a bit. Later, we went up in the (old) Oshkosh tower and watched the landings. I was fortunate to do this before I flew in myself the next year.

How did you wag your wings? Wait, I don’t want to know

Oops - duh!

Just a week or so ago the tower at Austin got closed because someone tested positive and they needed to sanitize the place. I imagine they’re still pretty picky about that!

Nevertheless that sounds like fun. I told my wife and she noted we’ll be coming in Saturday, weather permitting, and could grab some bikes at Goodwill. She was excited about the idea. We’ll see…

Thanks - and have fun!
They did not have bikes at Goodwill last year, that I saw. Hopefully they will be back this year.

Definitely interested in this! Now you have me wanting to bring my road bike and my Oshkosh bike. :D

Playing cards or balloons in the spokes? :D

Back