Panama City Beach PIREP

RyanB

Super Administrator
Management Council Member
PoA Supporter
Display Name

Display name:
Ryan
Alright, so an update from the last thread (https://www.pilotsofamerica.com/community/threads/flying-into-ecp.138181/).

Left yesterday morning for ECP and had a nice two and a half-hour flight en-route. Landed on RWY34 @ ECP and taxied into Sheltair for tie down. I was greeted by a marshaller who got the rental car process going while I unloaded the beach supplies from the airplane. Walked into the FBO, signed a few docs and off to the beach we went. It was only a 15 minute drive from the airport and surprisingly, traffic wasn’t bad at all for a holiday weekend, though that changed as the day progressed. Pulled into a parking lot across the street from Public Beach Access 51 and set up camp. The beach was outstanding and the ‘Emerald Coast’ moniker didn’t lie.

8DA0917C-AE8B-4635-8A7C-13B063347451.jpeg DDEBEBCD-49B5-4D18-A80D-E2754936F0A1.jpeg 56D726AC-5BAE-4B12-AACA-1279624E13CD.jpeg 8CB6F42E-04A2-410F-8898-A450EC5935BF.jpeg

A bit later we packed up and got a late lunch at a local burrito joint that was quite good! (Diego’s Burrito Factory 10/10)

924A035F-5CB3-4FAB-AC87-EDF52E910941.jpeg

Ran by the Pier Park area before leaving, and it was also a neat place to visit. Lots of little shops and a pier to boot!

F1B556B4-6005-4BDC-B32E-DDFD6A547CE5.jpeg

After about 8hrs of farting around town, we called it a day and flew back. Dropped off the rental car, topped up with 16gals of fuel, loaded the airplane back up and departed for home.

BE011267-04A5-44D6-80F5-7D956316FBB6.jpeg ED19C869-59E9-4E55-BE42-A32235067C15.jpeg

5.3hrs logged and loads of fun! Not a bad day trip from Chattanooga, I’ll definitely be back!

That looked like a nice day! But I really hope there was seafood in that burrito! Can't fly to the coast and not have seafood.

Nice! I've done Ironman Florida 2X now. I'm thinking I might have another in me. I'll be sure to post pix if I do :)

That looked like a nice day! But I really hope there was seafood in that burrito! Can't fly to the coast and not have seafood.
Call me nuts, but I’m not a big seafood eater. Fish and such is about as far as it goes. ;)

Just landed there two hours ago; have a place to the west in Laguna Beach. A TON of planes at Sheltair. It’s crowded but not too bad.

Seriously, I get it if you simply don’t like it, but there are some great seafood spots here.

Call me nuts, but I’m not a big seafood eater. Fish and such is about as far as it goes. ;)
I'm not either, but something about Florida puts me in the mood. Fish tacos followed up with key lime pie... heaven.

OMG that looks amazing. Do you have kids? That would be awesome.

I'm curious if it's my white Irish skin or something else - does the sun effect you @RyanB ? It sort of wipes me out so flying back after a day in the sun might be daunting to me. Although I've never tried it.

Softball tournament yesterday and other than getting my steps in, I just sat on my rear watching 12u girls playing their hearts out. I came home, fell asleep shortly after (as in I had no control I'm checking out now) and feel terrible today.

I assumed everyone felt that way after being in the sun. I guess I'm a weirdo.

LOVED the trip report. Glad it was a success.

I'm curious if it's my white Irish skin or something else - does the sun effect you @RyanB ? It sort of wipes me out so flying back after a day in the sun might be daunting to me. Although I've never tried it.
Not really, although if I’m out in it for a long time it can become draining. A few hours is usually okay for me, but I know you’re not alone, I’ve got some friends who get heat exhaustion pretty easily and they’re fair skinned.

And no, no kids.

Thanks, it was a fabulous day!

Back