Tailbeacon X Cert

ExpressJetter

Pre-Flight
Display Name

Display name:
ExpressJetter
Has anyone called UAvionix recently about the Tailbeacon X cert timeline? I'm pretty sure they are tired of me calling every 2 months (for the past year or so). Last I hear in January they were going to do a flight test and should be ready in Feb, but I've heard that about many different months from them..... Just wondering what you all have heard or know.

What does it have on top of the SkyBeacon? What's the cost?

I installed a Tailbeacon on a C-150 Rudder that was UNPAINtED.

My belief was removing the Rudder for balancing was only a “ formality”.

Wrong. Had to add weight to get back in limits.

New unit lighter?

By the time you buy the tailbeacon x, and connect it to an av-30 , you could install a lot of other 1090es transponders for less money and install time.

But...who has the right to tell you what to install in your airplane ?:)

By the time you buy the tailbeacon x, and connect it to an av-30 , you could install a lot of other 1090es transponders for less money and install time.

But...who has the right to tell you what to install in your airplane ?:)
2 reasons for me, 1. I'm in a bonanza where the radio stack is by my legs, so getting a few inches there and not having to bend all the way down to see what I'm pushing would be nice vs an entire remodel of the panel. 2. If u want to get rid of your vacuum system and have a little bit of glass this is the cheapest option to do so vs. a g5 attitude indicator.

But those won't have diversity and/or Aireon compatibility like the Tailbeacon-X.

2 reasons for me, 1. I'm in a bonanza where the radio stack is by my legs, so getting a few inches there and not having to bend all the way down to see what I'm pushing would be nice vs an entire remodel of the panel. 2. If u want to get rid of your vacuum system and have a little bit of glass this is the cheapest option to do so vs. a g5 attitude indicator.

You might want to read some of the feedback on the Av-30 and understand what it is and isn’t before jumping on board. I have little interest in flying instruments with one.

You might want to read some of the feedback on the Av-30 and understand what it is and isn’t before jumping on board. I have little interest in flying instruments with one.
Too late, I'm well aware of its capabilities for an attitude indicator. And that's only what it really is. Not thrilled on their Heading indicator version which is why I went with a g5 for that. Plus the g5 integrates better with my stec 50.

Looks like those "lot of other 1090es transponders for less money and install time" won't be legal in Canada starting next year.
https://www.avweb.com/aviation-news/canada-phasing-in-space-based-ads-b-starting-in-2023/

I'm likely behind the times... what transponders on the market will meet Canada's proposed requirements?

The guy I've been doing radio work for is going to go crazy if he has to re-equip the airplanes he's already spent good money equipping in the last couple of years, primarily to go to canada.

Back