Slip on seat covers Cherokee

Chrisgoesflying

Cleared for Takeoff
Display Name

Display name:
Chrisgoesflying
Not sure if this goes into maintenance bay so feel free to move if needed. I just bought a Cherokee 140. The interior is decent, a solid 7/10. The seats are virtually new, all leather. The big HOWEVER is, I don't like the color at all. I am changing the side panels and door panels as well as the carpet. These parts are a bit worn anyways. But the seats are spotless and I don't really want to waste perfectly fine leather. Do you know where I can get slip on seat covers (not the sheep skin ones though) for a Cherokee that I can simply strap over the red leather seats? That would also preserve them from dirt and scratches which I'm sure my dog will add plenty over the next few years, and who knows, maybe the next owner who buys the plane from me a few years down the road when I'm ready to upgrade actually likes the color of the seats and voila, he/she has brand new ones that were nicely covered so his/her butt will be one of the first to sit on the actual leather.

Contact AirTex…they may have something that isn’t on the website, or they can make for you.

Do you know where I can get slip on seat covers (not the sheep skin ones though) for a Cherokee that I can simply strap over the red leather seats?
Another option from store bought is to select a material with a Part 25 burn certificate and take it to a local vehicle or boat upholsterer to fabricate them. Sometimes they may want to measure the seat themselves or possibly take them the seat. Be sure the covers are true slip-ons with no more than velcro holding them in place. This method keeps the covers under pilot preventative mx and loose equipment definitions. As a follow on note with the burn certificate, even though your aircraft might not need technically that cert, a number of material suppliers are familiar with that term/requirement and can easily supply one to you. Plus its a piece of mind that you know the stuff you're sitting on won't be the 1st thing to go poof if you have a fire issue.

Back