Medical backlog

Dave Arata

Pre-takeoff checklist
Display Name

Display name:
Dave
To make a very long story short, I've been waiting for over nine weeks for our friends at the FAA to review the information they requested regarding my medical. The entire process has extended over seven months.

I've contacted my congressmen to see if any assistance from him was possible. To my surprise, I received a response stating that his office required a Congressional Inquire Privacy Release Form signed and returned before he could contact the FAA regarding my case. Has anyone pursed such action, of is the general consensus to remain patient? I'm curious if a phone call to the FAA's medical staff in OKC from someone closer to the top of the political food chain would elevate my file closer to the top.

Don’t know the answer to your question, but everything in FAA is backlogged. I sent a change of address to me of July, it’s still under process. Sent them an email 2 weeks ago asking for a status update, they replied saying they are processing paperwork work as of June 5 and they will eventually get to my file.

What state?

The most I ever got was a automated reply, wish we had more congressmen like yours

Please keep us posted. The FAA's been sitting on documents they requested from me since June 12. It took the analysts one month to move the case into the "pool" and it's been there since mid-July.

Next week will be one year since I had my medical exam.

Hmmmm.... I sent my annual OSA report to them, and within 3 weeks got back my new 3rd class medical certificate. Used to take like 6-8 weeks, so not sure what’s up with your situation.

@Dave Arata ... Check in with your regional flight surgeon.

My RFS was a big help to me at the beginning of the year when my medical had a small snag.

Took them 17 months to process my paperwork. The people who work there could not care less about anything other than their pay check. You’re just a number to them

I also waited months.

A friend talked to the FAA med folks at OSH.

Surprise; the AME never sent papers in.

Now tests were out of date and had to be repeated.

E-mail sent to my RFS and privacy letter signed and returned to my congressman. We shall see what comes from this. I'm taking bets. :) Ooh, perhaps we should poll this!

While you’re waiting, you can enjoy the FAA Anthem by the fine folks who are working on your problem.

When I call my regional office every week, they say they are down seven doctors from normal staffing levels. I'm waiting on a cardiology review and I've heard that cardiac cases are sent to a panel of cardiologists every couple of months.

My favorite response from OKC today during my weekly "we could not care less" phone call. This one from a supervisor as I asked to speak with. I'm assuming he was hired based up his ability to train burger flippers: "Well, if you've been waiting nine weeks, someone else has been waiting ten." Greeeeeeeat.

My favorite response from OKC today during my weekly "we could not care less" phone call. This one from a supervisor as I asked to speak with. I'm assuming he was hired based up his ability to train burger flippers: "Well, if you've been waiting nine weeks, someone else has been waiting ten." Greeeeeeeat.

Been through the whole process, twice as my timing expired. Yes, they will take forever. Yes, I tried getting my congressman involved too. All they did was get through to someone on my behalf and got an update for me, it did not expedite the process. I called over 100 times and documented every call. I was on a first-name basis with staff answering phones, you will realize some actually care and want to help, others, not so much.

I didn't even click on the video. I can still recite the whole song. I have no idea why, I guess it was imprinted on me at age 15.

"Look for the Union Label...when you are buying a coat, dress, or blouse...."

v3Euwbie5MGAqQF69qHEqXvI7GUNplfIf0nYTW2njuAqAFX3PbQuDLKEjoYFAq2DahRCelTezUd6klnYhLTDgjaRuIbNavlYoMcfPwFhr5sqy8sbMX2wL2zSNlWbQ8m6JCkztBEONhGkWXsBO-_3w99n_ub0CulwU0FK3ZI6v12t17E6U6Cb9gqPzLyH

Been through the whole process, twice as my timing expired. Yes, they will take forever. Yes, I tried getting my congressman involved too. All they did was get through to someone on my behalf and got an update for me, it did not expedite the process. I called over 100 times and documented every call. I was on a first-name basis with staff answering phones, you will realize some actually care and want to help, others, not so much.

So that begs the question, why even call? Why get anyone involved? If we resign ourselves to whatever schedule the FAA decides, what good does our efforts really do? BTW, how long did you have to wait in total?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back