Pivot Products

I'd be kind of interested in hearing reviews too. I saw one at a meeting several years ago. Someone in the group purchased one and passed it around. Very study and good protection. But it struck me as an expensive solution you would have to purchase again when the next iPad comes out with slightly different dimensions and which adds a lot of extra weight and bulk. Might be appropriate for an aviation-dedicated tablet but not for one used for multiple purposes both in and out of the cockpit.

Paging @Sluggo63. Pretty sure he mentioned using them.
I did! Good memory!

I love them. I was introduced to them at work for our EFBs, and bought one for my iPad mini for the Seneca. They are sturdy, and easy to clip on and off. I can't say enough good about them.\

IMG_5177.jpg

I did! Good memory!

I love them. I was introduced to them at work for our EFBs, and bought one for my iPad mini for the Seneca. They are sturdy, and easy to clip on and off. I can't say enough good about them.\

View attachment 99368

I flew with my buddy this morning and I held his I pad in a Pivot case. He is a SW checkairmen and said SW issues new ones every 2 years.

@Sluggo63, Are those standard RAM socket arms? Have you found any issues threading them under the yoke? The times I've tried in the past, there was a tendency for them to "unbend" due t the weight of the tablet.

@Sluggo63, Are those standard RAM socket arms? Have you found any issues threading them under the yoke? The times I've tried in the past, there was a tendency for them to "unbend" due t the weight of the tablet.
Yes, standard RAM arms. No issues. It's a iPad mini, not a full sized one, but I can move the iPad how I want it and it stays where I put it. If I remember correctly, there are two types of ball joints, one smooth plastic, and one with a rubberized coating for better grip. I have the rubberized ones.

Here's what Fly Boy's sent on the Pivot suction cup mounts. They're pretty sure they're better. :)

Attachments

• Suction Cup Mount TSD Rev 21-02 (1).pdf
    279.3 KB · Views: 17
Last edited:
So where did you get the double ball segment in your mount? Can you buy those separate from the arms?

I have a pivot mini. I pretty much use my iPad for aviation only except when I want to not take two tablets on a trip.

The case is great, and I find the ease of mounting/removing from the airplane to be worth it. Fortunately in the RV, I can hard mount vs a yoke (yuck!) clamp. They are pricey. A competitor is much needed!

Note that the Pivot is designed for the PanaVise sized mounts (~0.75" ball) vs the RAM 1.5" ball. There is an adapter, and I do use it since I had plenty of RAM parts from previous things. You can buy all of the PanaVise pieces from Amazon for a lot less than from Pivot/Flyboys.

Back