Electric Scooter 2021

Yea, when I’m looking at all the electric bikes it’s the same thing. They look similar and you know they are made in China. The Jupiter X7 looks appealing and can fold just haven’t taken the measurements and compared to the baggage door sizes yet.
If you want made in USA you can call up Bike Friday in Eugene, Oregon. They make them there and have electric models. But you're going to pay for it.

https://www.bikefriday.com/

If you want made in USA...
...with parts from China

The passenger option looks particularly interesting, though.
Hanna-Fraeda-Eday-Blue-arm-up-450x450.jpg

My personal opinion is that folding e-scooters have obsoleted bicycles for "last mile from the airport" transit -- unless the point of the flight was to go somewhere and bicycle around.

From scratch, why would someone prefer an electric bike? I suppose the bike works when the battery dies... I'd argue I could still kick my scooter, but... I know better. :D I walked it home when I ran it dry.

But otherwise, bikes seem super bulky and inconvenient to me. I feel I'm missing something, though.

What strikes me about all these things is the weight - if you run one of these scooters out of battery, am I really ready that they're 100 lbs? Sorry, I'm not carrying that....

From scratch, why would someone prefer an electric bike?

It’s the ‘peddle assist still getting exercise’ part that makes a difference, but that’s already covered in another thread.

What strikes me about all these things is the weight - if you run one of these scooters out of battery, am I really ready that they're 100 lbs? Sorry, I'm not carrying that....

If pilots know how to calculate fuel burn and not run out of fuel than they should be able to avoid draining the battery dry. That’s how I approach that issue.

Those mega-scooters are seriously sweet... organ donor card should probably be required -- but yeah, I set my upper limit at 35#. An amount I can carry one-handed somewhere without much trouble.

I'm trying to work out the best way to make a backpack-style sling (or I guess shoulder-strap) for mine. That would complete the deal for me.

I think I can pack 4 or 5 scooters into the space of one of those folding bikes. Maybe more.

My personal opinion is that folding e-scooters have obsoleted bicycles for "last mile from the airport" transit -- unless the point of the flight was to go somewhere and bicycle around.

From scratch, why would someone prefer an electric bike?
Can you carry a passenger aboard a folding e-scooter?

I suppose two really skinny people could pull it off. With bound feet.
Well I suppose that's one answer to your question. A parent with a kid too young for an e-scooter might prefer an e-bike.

Not gracefully. :D

I suppose two really skinny people could pull it off. With bound feet.

I would not want to see the wipeout. Most likely the scooter riders that haven’t wiped out on a bicycle or motorcycle don’t know the pain that awaits them.

Well I suppose that's one answer to your question. A parent with a kid too young for an e-scooter might prefer an e-bike.

I guess I can't picture that either. The kid gets their own folding bike? They ride on the handlebars?

Kid is thinking "I'm not even 2 yet, and even I know this is ridiculous. I'd be safer on a damn motorcycle. I'm tired of all this hipster crap already."

Back