My son's first ride in the right seat...

cowman

Final Approach
Display Name

Display name:
Cowman
I found myself in the circumstance of having to move my plane a short distance and being the only one available to watch him. Initially I planned to put him in the back but I was worried about him being out of reach. After test fitting the seat and finding that there was no interference with the controls and that I could climb in/out around him easily enough I decided to go for it.

Once again the roominess of the PA32 proves it's practicality, this went well, will do it again.

For anyone wondering this is the seat, https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07C2RNRCJ
Anyone who has put a car seat in something like an airplane or classic car that doesn't have the modern car seat latch setup knows how hard it can be to thread the lap belts through some of these seats, this one has a nice wide channel I can put my arm through and works great for that purpose.

image3.jpeg image1(1).jpeg

That face says ... "when do I get to fly this thing?" :D

Was a good day for flying a son around as I went for fuel and picked up my son for an airplane ride ... but he's 34 years old and has ridden with me before!

How old is he? I confess that I’m not quite ready to have either of our kids (1 and 3 years old) in the plane without their mom there to chaperone…

Even with a car seat, I’m not sure I could keep them from trying to fly…

How old is he? I confess that I’m not quite ready to have either of our kids (1 and 3 years old) in the plane without their mom there to chaperone…

He's 2.5 and I had the same worries. In this case we had a situation where me taking him alone solved a lot of problems and it was only a 30min flight in ideal weather to relocate the plane.

I don't think I could stop him from trying to fly either, however strapped in with the seat full aft in the Lance he can't reach anything so it's not a problem. I'd never have attempted this if it was possible for him to say.... reach over and pull the mixture or move the flaps or something like that.

I fly about the same way. minus the diaper of course.

Back