Hangar Squad TV show idea

Crashnburn

Pattern Altitude
Display Name

Display name:
Crashnburn
I’m watching a lot of Garage Squad TV shows. The show gets a call from someone who knows the owner of a project car that has sat in a garage for a long time due to emotional or time issues. The crew fixes the cars and in the process help a lot with the emotional issues. They put more money into the car than it’ll ever be worth, but if it’s a hobby car, who cares?

They always get her done in a week. Their current sponsor is Rock Auto, so that company gets great exposure.

That got me wondering if there would be a big enough audience for a spin off (sorry about the pun) for Hangar Squad where a crew of A&Ps and an IA go rescue a derelict plane for someone who can’t afford to revive it.

I think the biggest challenge is there are a lot more gear heads than wing nuts, thus a smaller audience to watch.

What do y’all think?

Cars are much easier to think of a reason to drop off. Where do you even 'drop off' a plane? I don't even see how it would be executed in the same manner and ease a car is.
'

Tell you what...if you can find funding and want to get the show off the ground, I'll help by finding a derelict airplane and coming up with a suitable story about emotional and time issues that have kept me from getting it in the air. Then your production company can restore it to better than new condition, and give it back to me in the heartwarming conclusion to the episode!

No need to thank me, I'm happy to help.

Parts often take far more time to source and acquire than the labor takes.

I think the problem with pitching this to a network would be that there are already countless YouTube channels for this niche.

Mike Patey. 'nuff said

I'll watch. Especially if Cristy Lee is on board. :)

I haven't seen the show, but it seems more likely they'd be interested in doing a hangar squad special episode of garage squad. Too niche for a spin-off but interesting enough to change things up after the premise starts getting stale.

Lot broader audience for a show about car fixer-uppers than for airplane fixer-uppers probably.

Back