what can you do

Tom-D

Taxi to Parking
Display Name

Display name:
Tom-D
you've been screwed by the maintenance facility, or your A&P

what can you do ?

Really,, as the A&P pool gets smaller what is going to happen?

the usual first response is to get the FAA on their tail - ha, not for a business deal. If a violation occurred it might get their interest...but its not going to help you.
the second one is to sue them - haha
call the police - right, lol
small claims court - possibly but unlikely
tell yelp, google reviews, facebook......and risk a slander suit

Get your stuff, pay your bill and get out of there - consider it a good lesson
The best response: start studying for your A+P test

With such an ambiguous question, it's impossible to respond accurately.

Are we talking "quoted $2,000 for a repair but the bill came to $2,100?", "took the plane in for annual and everything stopped with no explanation and new 6-months later the plane is still disassembled and the shop is not returning your calls?"

The best response: start studying for your A+P test

If only it was that "easy". FAA requires either attending an approved school or many months of documented experience under the supervision of an A&P.

Buy an E-AB aircraft. 90% of the nonsense goes away - all I need is an A&P to do is the inspection each year - good money for him (on an hourly basis) and he doesn't even have to pick up a wrench (but I don't begrudge him a dime and I value his input).

With such an ambiguous question, it's impossible to respond accurately.

Are we talking "quoted $2,000 for a repair but the bill came to $2,100?", "took the plane in for annual and everything stopped with no explanation and new 6-months later the plane is still disassembled and the shop is not returning your calls?"
Wasn't looking for accuracy, just a opinion.

you've been screwed by the maintenance facility, or your A&P

what can you do ?

EXPERIMENTAL!

Edit: I see the good captain has already addressed this ...

Wasn't looking for accuracy, just a opinion.
That's just it, there's no single answer/opinion. Have directly/indirectly assisted owners with 3rd party mx issues and each one required a different approach/solution. So it depends greatly on the specific situation. It is what it is.

word of mouth... talk to other pilots and owners.

too late I learned that an IA was known as "Dr Death"... one of his favorite things was to replace the cherokee fuel cap gasket EVERY. FRICKIN'. ANNUAL.

Back