Redding Bonanza Crash August Accident Review

Tantalum

Final Approach
Display Name

Display name:
San_Diego_Pilot
I found this well done and educational.. hopefully others here do too

Really goes to show how important it is to get good training on "real" airplanes when you step up from something like a 150/152/172/PA-28 etc

Also, I didn't see this posted, I tried to find the original thread; if it exists please move

Kathryn's Report here: http://www.kathrynsreport.com/2020/08/beechcraft-a36-bonanza-n1550g-fatal.html

Sounds like a very sad and avoidable accident. I don't see where lack of training in the A36 was necessarily a factor though. This same accident could have just as easily occurred in a 150/152/172/PA-28 etc. Performing a W&B and consulting performance charts is SOP regardless of type...

I strongly agree with not relying on a CFI to keep you out of trouble...

I agree that the primary problem was not accurately computing performance and having some out.

I see a lot of problems with lack of type training. 6 seat airplanes fly differently in difference loads and configurations. A C-150, not so much. I have to wonder what insurance company wrote coverage for that, which they will now want the rest of us to pay for in increased premiums.

I see a lot of problems with lack of type training. 6 seat airplanes fly differently in difference loads and configurations. A C-150, not so much. I have to wonder what insurance company wrote coverage for that, which they will now want the rest of us to pay for in increased premiums.

Mine required a flight and 3 landings at MGW

Back