Special Issuance Timing (Update)

Principal

Pre-Flight
Display Name

Display name:
Principal
Hello - does anyone have a pulse for how long it currently takes for an SI to be issued?

Thanks!

Applied in early December 2019, received demand letter for a history of OCD at the end of January, completed psychiatry evaluation & neuropsychological testing by early April, FAA finally sent records to both doctors in mid-June, third class and SI issued less than a week later. So just over six months.

Depends on what your case is about. Drug history or alcohol dependence may take awhile, others may only take a month to couple of months.

You can't control the speed of those at OKC but you can ensure that you have provided exactly what they want.

If you Google "FAA" plus your condition you'll find the information you need.

For example, Google "FAA sleep apnea" and the second result is this.

https://www.faa.gov/about/office_or...ices/aam/ame/guide/dec_cons/disease_prot/osa/

On that page you have links to everything you need to determine what tests, data, and information you need to submit to the FAA. Have everything in order and you will, at least, minimize the wait to the extent possible.

So if my AME has all my ducks in a row, documentation, etc, can I expect to receive my decision in under 6 months?

You can't control the speed of those at OKC but you can ensure that you have provided exactly what they want.

If you Google "FAA" plus your condition you'll find the information you need.

For example, Google "FAA sleep apnea" and the second result is this.

https://www.faa.gov/about/office_or...ices/aam/ame/guide/dec_cons/disease_prot/osa/

On that page you have links to everything you need to determine what tests, data, and information you need to submit to the FAA. Have everything in order and you will, at least, minimize the wait to the extent possible.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back