The History Channel

Sac Arrow

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
Snorting his way across the USA

It is painful for me to post this. The propagators claim that Romans in 800 AD transversed the Atlantic, (or Pacific) and somehow had the desire to bury a cache of a big lead cross and ceremonial knives in the New Mexico desert.

Am I missing something? I suspect someone stole a cache of artifacts in more or less modern history and buried them. That seems more plausible to me than Romans walking around New Mexico in 800 AD.

Given that the Roman Empire had ceased to exist several hundred years before 800 AD I think the History Channel is off base a bit.

I am a cautious septic ... if those artifacts had even a hint of merit the top historical experts would be all over it and examining them ..... instead we have a filmmaker using a bit of sensationalism to create a theory , which of course includes the Knights Templar and other "secret groups"

Trouble is the Templars did not exist until couple hundred years after 800 AD (the date on the artifacts) and disbanded around 1300 AD

Plus the artifacts were made of lead and were found not far from an old lead mine. And the claim that the caliche on the artifacts matches the surrounding geology is really meaningless .... the old miners broke up the rocks to get the lead and the artifacts were buried under the caliche tailings , a hundred years goes by and the rainwaters would have formed the caliche on the artifacts.

It also defies belief that ancient Romans or Templars would travel from the other side of the earth to settle in the scrub desert of Arizona. Pretty hard for those secret societies to run the world from there .

It also defies belief that ancient Romans or Templars would travel from the other side of the earth to settle in the scrub desert of Arizona. Pretty hard for those secret societies to run the world from there .
They came here to get a head start on faking the moon landings and covering up the alien autopsies.

Last edited:
Given that the Roman Empire had ceased to exist several hundred years before 800 AD I think the History Channel is off base a bit.
Which Roman Empire?
Romulus Augustus was deposed in 476; the Eastern Roman Empire fell in 1453.

Sure it's not the Holy Grail or the Knights Templar?

Call the guys from Oak Island, quick!

Sure it's not the Holy Grail or the Knights Templar?

Call the guys from Oak Island, quick!
oak-island-reach-meme.jpg

Left over from the time aliens came to New Mexico to turn gold into lead, back when NM was a tropical paradise....

Back