IFR Flight to Destin- Part 2

Tokirbymd

Pre-takeoff checklist
Display Name

Display name:
Tokirbymd
Return trip from Destin- great views and dodging afternoon thunderstorms.

Thanks for posting. Always like seeing others flying IFR flights and how they handle weather.

Thanks for posting. Always like seeing others flying IFR flights and how they handle weather.
I've got a video in the works where I cut things a little too close. Will share soon for educational purposes.

Good video. Personally, I like to be a little more exact with my read-backs, especially when they involve a clearance. And the on-course vs direct destination can be a cause of confusion if it’s not made clear with a new controller. That info doesn’t always get passed and it doesn’t sound like it did with MGM.

Last edited:
Good video. Personally, I like to be a little more exact with my read-backs, especially when they involve a clearance. And the on-course vs direct destination can be a cause of confusion if it’s not made clear with a new controller. That info doesn’t always get passed and it doesn’t sound like it did with MGM.
Fair point, although it is a radar environment and not very busy airspace compared to NE or West Coast.

Fair point, although it is a radar environment and not very busy airspace compared to NE or West Coast.
I like the controllers down there, they’re very accommodating.

Back