Lebanon, Mo (KLBO)...tornado...

timwinters

Ejection Handle Pulled
Display Name

Display name:
LTD
...another airport ripped up by high winds or a tornado this year. Aviation sure has been hit hard by Mother Nature, my plane left there about 3 weeks ago thankfully. But I still have likely $10k or more in tools equipment and toys in a hangar there. I guess I'll see this morning if I still do.

3A2E9643-4152-48FD-8B32-0ECDC5D4E1AE.jpeg 15114BD4-5BA4-4895-AE0C-C249DFF60263.jpeg

Ugh. Sorry Tim. I hope for your sake and others the damage is less than what the original pictures lead us to believe.

Ugh. Sorry Tim. I hope for your sake and others the damage is less than what the original pictures lead us to believe.
Thanks, David,

Travis found this shot online. The first "intact" hangar in the background is the one that 57D was in and numerous other things still are. Hopefully the big folding hangar door is intact also...it's on the west side so we'll see!

12FBEAB1-0B1E-4543-9686-7BBD84D463CD.jpeg

Poor Cub. Ironically, though, I'd bet it flys again if other aircraft don't...

Poor Cub. Ironically, though, I'd bet it flys again if other aircraft don't...
It's a cub crafters, and it was for sale. It's owned by a neat old guy who just turned 90 last year, Buck Carroll. He was employee number 27 (or some BS like that) at FedEx and flew for them forever. IIRC...he didn't get to fly it ON his 90th birthday like he wanted to, it was too windy, but he did a day or two later.

Ugh poor Comanche! The GA fleet has certainly been thinned out this spring. Unfortunately there isn't much to replace them with, as new airplanes cost so much more than the ones that were destroyed.

A&P that came with her client a week ago to look at our cherokee 180 that we have for sale sent me pics of her 180 from yesterday that got flipped over

That sucks so bad :-(

I was thinking about adding more hull insurance this year...

I took this photo right before @Travis L & I left Lebanon.

92887557_10158319091039539_4671980616164573184_o.jpg

I've seen that Grumman for sale for the last year or so, but not lately. Someone must have bought it. Crap...

...another airport ripped up by high winds or a tornado this year. Aviation sure has been hit hard by Mother Nature, my plane left there about 3 weeks ago thankfully. But I still have likely $10k or more in tools equipment and toys in a hangar there. I guess I'll see this morning if I still do.

View attachment 85482 View attachment 85483

That sucks. A girl who used to work for me who lives in Republic posted on FB this morning that the sky was the same weird green this morning as it was 17 years ago when she lost her house to a tornado. Stay safe.

Back