Underrated shows on Disney+?

bflynn

Final Approach
Display Name

Display name:
Brian Flynn
Ok...I've been through all the big stuff. I've watched everything Marvel I can get my hands on, been through all of Star Wars, including Clone Wars, Rebels, and Mando of course. I've seen all the classic movies and I think I've seen all the Pixar stuff. I've even watched quite a few of the documentaries, they do a better than average job with them by setting them into stories.

At the moment, I'm cruising through what I consider "grade B" movies, bad acting and not so great story telling, but they're hit or miss, mostly meh. I enjoyed High School Musical, The Series (imo, almost as good as HSM 1) and I kinda liked The Descendants.

What's some hidden gems that are still out there?

If you haven't seen it, "Togo" is outstanding. Sled dogs, Alaskan winter wilderness, heroicism, what's not to love.

If you haven't seen it, "Togo" is outstanding. Sled dogs, Alaskan winter wilderness, heroicism, what's not to love.

I just recently watched that. It's the story of the desperate race to get diphtheria antitoxin to Nome Alaska during an outbreak in the winter of 1925. The Iditarod race is based on the 1925 run.

It's definitely been given the Disney treatment, but it's a great story at it's core.

I introduced the kids to "The Apple Dumpling Gang" last week. Looks like they have a bunch of those types of movies on there as well.

Oh great now I have to watch "The Descendants" and "The Apple Dumpling Gang" tonight. Thanks a lot.

:)

Ok...I've been through all the big stuff. I've watched everything Marvel I can get my hands on, been through all of Star Wars, including Clone Wars, Rebels, and Mando of course. I've seen all the classic movies and I think I've seen all the Pixar stuff. I've even watched quite a few of the documentaries...I enjoyed High School Musical, The Series (imo, almost as good as HSM 1) and I kinda liked The Descendants.
Sorry I don't have any recommendations, but wanted to say I'm very impressed. That must have been a whooooooooole lot of hours.

I like the brain games show. Part of national geographic section

I don't think I've seen Apple Dumpling Gang since I was 10. Maybe that deserves a revisit.

Watched Togo a couple of weeks ago, it is above average.

Best thing on Disney right now is The Mandolorian, but I am a Star Wars fan. it is the way.

Looking back on my “recently viewed” list, what did I enjoy?

Newsies
Glory Road
Tron : Legacy
Treasure Planet

20,000 Leagues Under the Sea for me, Moana for my toddler. It's the only movie he will sit through.

In looking at Disney+ I was reminded of one thing overwhelmingly. Most of their older movies are utterly dreadful. I'm not referring to classics like Beauty and the Beast or The Little Mermaid, but all the straight to DVD sequels, all the horrid TV shows, all the inane movies. I might think about it in a few years, when they've built up some new content, provided that doesn't suck.

Back