Anybody know the cure time for PR-1005-L?

Salty

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
Salty
All I can find is a "dry time" of 20 minutes. Just curious if anyone knows how long it needs to cure fully. Is 20 minutes all it takes?

I read that, but I don't think that means it takes 2 days to cure, that just means the performance properties were tested after 2 days of curing. But I'm not sure.

But I'm not sure.
Having dealt with many types of sealants, etc., I would want a "typical performance" and let it cure for 2 days. Some products I've used had 72 hour cure requirements. But if you're in a rush, a quick call to their tech support should clear things up.

Many materials that cure may take 7+ days to reach “full cure”. When testing urethane and epoxies we normally cure for 7 days at room temp prior to testing. If they are 2 part materials. 1 part that cures from moisture in the air may take 1-2 months for full cure depending on the material, thickness, humidity and temp.

If you really need to know return to service time call them.

I hate that stuff. Piper used it in the Cheyenne nacelle tanks and it would slowly degrade and find its way into fuel lines and pumps and drains. Once found a jet pump supply line full of the slime. I would use it carefully or find a better product. Ranks right up there with float sloshing compound as far as effectiveness. :eek:

Back