There is evil in the world, and it hit close last night

There is a lot of hatred and stupidity out there, life is not worth anything in too many people's eyes. Sorry for your loss.

Very sorry Matthew, my condolences to your friend and the family. :(

Please pass my condolences on to your friend.

I will do what I can. They headed out of town last night, and I don't know when I'll see them again. She and her husband are a little older than my own kids, and I've know them for quite a while now.

I checked on their local news a few minutes ago. Apparently the suspect has a long history of violent actions, it seems like he's not always in control of himself. It may be mental, medical, or substance related, I don't know. Things are not always as simple as they appear.

Condolences for you and your friend and all the pastor served.

We cry for our worldly loss, and rejoice that he was redeemed.

He was probably trying to help a troubled soul who anyone else would likely have ignored or avoided. We saw a few stabbings at the homeless shelter when I worked there. Often simply from approaching a troubled and fearful individual.

As you said, there is evil in this world. It's heartbreaking when it hits home.

Condolences to you and the family for the loss. Really a sad situation.

Sorry for your loss.

I’d say this is a good example of why to carry but being a preacher guess that wouldn’t mix.

:(

Sorry for your loss.

Thanks for your thoughts, but I’m more hurting for my friend’s loss than anything else.

I’d say this is a good example of why to carry but being a preacher guess that wouldn’t mix.

Don’t be too sure about that.

I don’t know the circumstances yet. But a guy who spent a lot of time working with people in tough situations may have made a calculated risk and ended up too close to a guy that snapped.

Especially sad when this happens to someone who is trying to help people in bad situations.

Sincerest condolences to you and your friend. Horrible news. Just awful people out there.

Sorry for your loss.

Carrying isn't always a cure all for this. My mom's cousin had a pistol in his desk, but when you're looking down the wrong end of the bad guy's pistol it's too late. Oh, and please don't tell me about laws. Let's see, convicted felon in possession of a firearm. Illegal, that that didn't stop him. 1934 NFA (pistol equipped with a suppressor). That didn't stop the murderer. Oh, and even in California murder is illegal. That didn't stop him, either.

Oh, and I have a CPL (Concealed pistol license, as it's called in the state of Washington). Benefactor Life member of the NRA. I'm a firm believer in the 2nd Amendment, as written, not as misinterpreted over the past 100 years.

Sorry to hear about the loss. It sucks. Pure and simple.

He was 2 weeks from retirement.

One of the things he did was to work with the PD and FD as a counselor for officers and firefighters. And he’d ride along when someone needed to make that knock on the door to deliver bad news.

If he wanted to leave this world a little better off than it was when he came into it, I probably have to give him a “well done”.

We were born into a world at war. There will be casualties. The pastor was aware of this. It really stinks when one of the good guys is one of the casualties.

Prayers for his family and friends.

We were born into a world at war.

"War endures. As well ask men what they think of stone. War was always here. Before man was, war waited for him. The ultimate trade awaiting its ultimate practitioner. That is the way it was and will be. That way and not some other way." -- Cormac McCarthy

Why wouldn't it mix.??

The preacher at the church I go to has a concealed carry, as well as many of the members.

Matthew, we share in your loss and mourning. In prayerful support and hope you find peace and joy in your cherished memories.

Why wouldn't it mix.??

The preacher at the church I go to has a concealed carry, as well as many of the members.

Always thought they would be more the try to reason with the lost soul type vs shoot someone. I’m not really a big religion guy so I don’t really know what I don’t know.

Always thought they would be more the try to reason with the lost soul type vs shoot someone.

My pastor carries. He considers it a duty to protect his family and other innocent lives.

I’m not really a big religion guy so I don’t really know what I don’t know.

You should probably change your sig line.... ;)

Always thought they would be more the try to reason with the lost soul type vs shoot someone.

Anyone that studies gun safety and gun use will understand shoot is the last resort, and as Half Fast stated it is a duty to protect family and others from those who only wish to do harm.

On the other side, yes, our preacher would be happy to talk with someone, help someone if they ask for help. He does that every day.

People are just beyond evil. This is very sad.

Sorry for your loss.
Please pass my condolences on to your friend.
I did this morning. Now I owe you a hug...sorry, but I doubt I'll be able to pass that along.

She has been grateful for the kind words she's gotten from all over the country. This affected a lot of people and not just the local community, PD, and FD. The funeral was a celebration and message of life and hope, it was what was needed at the right time.

She and the rest of her family are really hopeful the guy is going to be able to get the help he needs and that his family can get over the guilt they feel about what happened.

Thanks, all.

:yeahthat: This one can lead to the death of the body. The first always leads to the death of the soul.
At least for a pilot.

Last edited:
Back