O'Hare, catering cart goes crazy

That's on me. I caught the original twitter video early and could not embed it. It's gone viral now and has been reposted and hosted on other servers.

Someone deserves a fat bonus for quick thinking and saving a jet from certain damage.

Damage to a jet could cost a lot, but injury to those workers could have cost even more. I'm fascinated how they were standing so close to the out-of-control cart, and jumping out of the way each time it came near, even after one of them fell down.

No cowboys around? Seems like getting to the drivers seat would have been easy enough. And wouldn't not have caused damage to the tug, the cart, and made a big mess to be cleaned up.

No cowboys around? Seems like getting to the drivers seat would have been easy enough. And wouldn't not have caused damage to the tug, the cart, and made a big mess to be cleaned up.

The worker who put it out of its misery took the lowest-risk-of-personal-injury course of action, short of letting it hit the jet.

Looked like someone could have got a good 8-second ride!

Yeah, I think that guy was thinking fast and made a great decision.
As for cowboys, I’m sure I wouldn’t have thought of it there and then, but the safest approach to it would have been from the left side, getting near the cart from the inside of the turning radius. There things aren’t happening quite as fast. Everyone was standing outside the perimeter, trying to see if they could sneak in on the dangerous side, the outside of the turn, where it is fastest turning.

Yeah. But did it have an AOA indicator?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Guy got that tug in place just in time. I think if it had finished that turn it would have smacked the nose of the jet.

Yeah. But did it have an AOA indicator?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Obviously not, as this wouldn't have happened to begin with had it had an AOA!!! Geez

Guy got that tug in place just in time. I think if it had finished that turn it would have smacked the nose of the jet.

Hard to say but it looks like it may have picked up a small scuff on the prior go around. (at the 21 sec mark)

Yeah. It had like a crosswind or sumpin. Getting a little closer each lap around the 'pattern.' It was gonna hit on that lap. He saved someone a lot of money.

Yeah. It had like a crosswind or sumpin. Getting a little closer each lap around the 'pattern.' It was gonna hit on that lap. He saved someone a lot of money.

yeah he did! Let’s hope the airline decides to give him more than a hearty hand clasp and this years calendar of “Spring in Lompoc”

(Old W.C. Fields reference)

(well...obviously there wouldn’t be a “new” W.C. Fields reference..)

That dude was quicker and smarter than many rodeo clowns that I've watched; and those guys are incredible athletes.

Back