Spinner polish... is there something over the counter?

I use Mother’s Mag Wheel/Aluminum Polish. Buy it at auto parts stores.

nothing special....it's aluminum....get Mother's. Rub on and off with a mircofiber towel.

Attachments

• spinner.jpg
    spinner.jpg
    101.6 KB · Views: 21
I tried everything on mine - Mother's, Metalz, etc. Even thought about having it chromed but in the end, I just painted it.

Is using a buffer bad?

The 7” pad is hard to get close to the prop area.

All the trucks in our shop use Alcoa wheels I sure we have aluminum polish.

You can buy a half-sphere sponge looking thingy that chucks into your drill. Great for tight spots. Mask your prop and cowling.

Send to us at ASEI in Atlanta (look us up at spinner-repairs.com) for a $100 re-polish. We only need 1-2 business days once it arrives to get it shipped back out!

I said I "thought about it." The chrome plating guy I talked to was the one who talked me out of it, not the FAA. Funny how the FAA has zero instances of chrome spinners failing yet has issue with it. I've seen a whole lot of chromed spinners on airplanes.

This stuff. I've used it to make a spinner look like new.

serveimage

But bare aluminum will stain again real quick. I wanted to try using a clear lacquer after polishing but never got around to it.

Rolite Supra 90, I use it on my biplane's spinner.
available from Amazon:

Supra90 Aircraft Metal Polish produces a lustrous shine and adds long,lasting protection Safe for painted and plastic surfaces, stainless steel, aluminum and titanium
  • Superior aviation polish and for removing jet blast & fuel stains with minimal sling and low odor
  • Silicone free formulation, is safe for: Planes, Helicopters, Bell, Piper, Mooney, Cessna, Beechcraft, Diamond, Honda, Embraer, Bombardier, Hawker, Gulfstream, Dassault and more
  • Conforms to commercial aviation requirements Boeing (D6 17487) Revision R and Airbus (AIMS 0900002) Conforms to 14CFR AC No 4313.1B Chapter 6, Section 7; Par 6 117
  • Made in the USA, trusted brand for over 40 years, high performance product preferred by professionals, easy to use 4.5oz jar with a twist off cap

Attachments

• Rolite Supra 90 Metal Polish.jpg
    Rolite Supra 90 Metal Polish.jpg
    23.9 KB · Views: 4
Back