Global entry processing time

WannFly

Final Approach
Display Name

Display name:
Priyo
Anyone knows what the average processing time for global entry is? It’s been over 2 months and it’s still stuck on waiting for conditional approval and red banner on top saying we are experiencing long processing times due to govt shutdown, well that shutdown and start back up happened a while back

I’ve heard it could be up to six months. The Gov Shutdown hit them harder then other CBP departments. My GE renewal took three months when it should only be a week.

That seems a bit long. I "upgraded" from Pre-chek since it was about to expire and I think it took about a month back in July. I could schedule the interview back in July, but there were no openings until August. I just got the card today.
I've heard that many of the staff were sent to the Mexican border. The office at LAX is supposedly closed, and the office at KMCI disappeared from their web page. I had to go to KORD for the interview, and the guy there was complaining that he had only 2 people in the office for these interviews.

That seems a bit long. I "upgraded" from Pre-chek since it was about to expire and I think it took about a month back in July. I could schedule the interview back in July, but there were no openings until August. I just got the card today.
I've heard that many of the staff were sent to the Mexican border. The office at LAX is supposedly closed, and the office at KMCI disappeared from their web page. I had to go to KORD for the interview, and the guy there was complaining that he had only 2 people in the office for these interviews.

When I went through the program was still relatively new. I think my options were either New York or Houston. I ended up taking the long way home to Little Rock from vacation in Austin via Houston. :D

O great. I should have just done the TSA pre.... saw the global entry and though, heck for $15 might as well get that .... grrrr

Reading that thread... apparently there is no rhyme or reason , some people get approved in 10 days and some people for 4 months

Yep there isn’t any method to the madness. Part that drives me nuts is none of the security checks talk to each other. You’d think one would be good for everything government related.

Yeah, up to 130 days. Even for renewals. Also correct that there is no apparent rhyme or reason. And then you have to get an appointment for the interview - some interview sites are shut down (LAX) or on reduced staffing/reduced hours as the officers that do the interviews have been sent to the border to deal with the border situation.

It's a mess.

CBP got nailed by the shutdown and then the border crisis.

O great. I should have just done the TSA pre.... saw the global entry and though, heck for $15 might as well get that .... grrrr
That's what I did...just $15 more.. I've at least 2 more international trips this year.

Oddly enough, I just submitted my application for Global Entry yesterday, lol. I submitted it and didn’t read the details on the procedure well enough until I discovered I wouldn’t get to schedule the interview portion until the approved the application at some unknown time in the future. Some people were saying 11 weeks!

I already had TSA-precheck but it was expiring in January and I wanted the GE for a couple of upcoming international trips. We’ll see if it happens in time. Closest interview facility to Tulsa is at DFW airport, lol. Since I drive by it almost once a month for work, I’ll just pencil some time out of one of my work trips to get it done.

Anyone knows what the average processing time for global entry is? It’s been over 2 months and it’s still stuck on waiting for conditional approval and red banner on top saying we are experiencing long processing times due to govt shutdown, well that shutdown and start back up happened a while back

I submitted my renewal application in March, finally got the renewal earlier this month. 2 months is nothing. And, yes, they are still using the shutdown as an excuse.

I don't remember how long it took to get my conditional but the lead time for an interview nearby was months. There is (or was) the option to interview on first entry after conditional acceptance - I did that without a hitch and without the long lead for a scheduled interview.

Nauga,
unaccustomed

I don't remember how long it took to get my conditional but the lead time for an interview nearby was months. There is (or was) the option to interview on first entry after conditional acceptance - I did that without a hitch and without the long lead for a scheduled interview.

Nauga,
unaccustomed

Their website states upon conditional approval recommended to one of the their offices upon arrival, in 13 or so entry points I believe . I have couple of international trips starting October , so I have hope , will see

Their website states upon conditional approval recommended to one of the their offices upon arrival, in 13 or so entry points I believe . I have couple of international trips starting October , so I have hope , will see
I’ve been waiting for about 2 months, still waiting for the interview.

I did it this past April. Didn't take more than a couple weeks, and it was easy to schedule the interview in Albuquerque on a day I had a commercial flight anyway.
Jon

Nauga,
unaccustomed
That's the way to do it - upon arrival - but last time through JFK the line for that was pretty long.

Nexus with Canada interview is even worse.

New technology for global entry visual recognition started in Houston last week and using a similar machine that you used to insert your passport has you line up for the camera and push picture. Within 30 seconds it printed a receipt after I confirmed it was me... no questions, fingerprint scan or passport scan....handed the receipt to CBP and walked out...less than two min. The old way was fast but this new way is really nice...

New technology for global entry visual recognition started in Houston last week and using a similar machine that you used to insert your passport has you line up for the camera and push picture. Within 30 seconds it printed a receipt after I confirmed it was me... no questions, fingerprint scan or passport scan....handed the receipt to CBP and walked out...less than two min. The old way was fast but this new way is really nice...
Is that CLEAR? They also use it for stadiums.
https://www.clearme.com/where-we-ar...VEFYMCh3Oxw0-EAAYASABEgL3CvD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds
https://www.clearme.com/support/tsa-precheck/how-is-clear-different-from-tsa-precheck-or-global

No, CBP is using facial recognition now, too. They've rolled it out over the last couple of months to Global Entry. They are also participating with the airlines who are rolling out facial recognition for boarding passes - CBP is using it for exit monitoring (exit control).

Big brother is watching, quite literally.

I’ve heard it could be up to six months. The Gov Shutdown hit them harder then other CBP departments. My GE renewal took three months when it should only be a week.

Renewed a month ago. Nothing heard.

Back