Does Foreflight show AGL?

DustyRah

Filing Flight Plan
Display Name

Display name:
Dusty Rah
I can see the GPS altitude in Foreflight but I cannot seem to find AGL. I know there is a warning callout for 500 feet but even very old GPS used to show AGL as part of the display. They do have an upgrade to Pro to obtain Hazard features but if possible I would like to just be able to see the AGL at any given time.

If Foreflight basic can't do it, is there another iOS app which can show AGL and pilots use?

Turn on the "Height AGL" instrument.

Turn on the "Height AGL" instrument.
Thanks for your feedback George! I can't find "Height AGL". This seems to be a Foreflight Pro Plus feature and also only available on an iPad. I am on the $99/year Basic Plus.

Yes. It is one of the options at the bottom of the map page. It is the row of items above "Airports Maps Plates . . ."
Just touch one and it brings up a menu titled "Select Instrument" and scroll down to find what you want to see.

I'm not sure if its a Plus feature, but it is on my iphone.

Turn it into landscape and the bottom data expands.

Works on my iPhone with Pro.

Yes, even in the basic subscription, simply go to the Maps page and click on one of the fields at the bottom that you can do without, then select Height AGL from the choices.

I think the Garmin Pilot version only offers this if optional terrain database is downloaded. Do you have to download a terrain map in FF for this to work?

Hold your finger over one of the numbers at the bottom. Then select your instrument. This comes with any subscription.
9b3b14a2351e8ba77a393c75285c9c64.jpg
2b66da10dba26db108e8fd7575b60c2b.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

My Basic subscription does not have the choice for Height AGL that's shown in your screen shot. The first option below GPS Altitude is Pressure Altitude.

Yes, even in the basic subscription, simply go to the Maps page and click on one of the fields at the bottom that you can do without, then select Height AGL from the choices.
Warning...the height is based on the standard datum plain, not the actual, physical ground beneath you.

“geometric altitude above ground”

I’m grandfathered on an old subscription no longer offered, and it’s there.

Warning...the height is based on the standard datum plain, not the actual, physical ground beneath you.
"Height AGL shows the GPS altitude above the highest terrain within a 1/4 nm circle around your present location, when moving at 40 kts or greater. Pro Plus or Performance Plus subscription required."

Very cool feature. I didn't realize the lower metrics were adjustable when they are enabled.

Back